slow printer (1441 Views)
Honor Student
tomzog
Message 1 of 4 (1,441 Views)
Accepted Solution

slow printer

[ Edited ]

I have a hp psc photosmart 2410 all in one printer that is running very slow about 20 minutes per sheet., which includes copying.  I ran a troubleshooting test through HP and they don't find anything wrong.

I was running XP bit operating system until I added more memory and switched to Windows 7 32 bit about six months ago.  The printer has been running fine until 2 daysago.

I have tried turning the printer off to reset, unplugged power cord from surge protector,plugged directly in the wall and changed the color ink,  but still have the same problems

I sure can use any help I can get.

Thanks

Tom

Teacher
muj851
Message 2 of 4 (1,427 Views)

Re: slow printer

Hi
are you referring to standalone copy  or Printing from pc is slow.
Anyways you may try out to check if this helps you.
1. Make sure you have enough of ink in the cartridges. Empty cartridge or low fill cartridge may result to slow copying/printing.
2. Always use HP Genuine ink cartridge & do not use any refilled or remanufacture cartridges which may affect your print quality and also it could damage your printer components.
3. Go to printer properties->printing preferences-> Paper/Quality tab
4. Under Type is: select Plain Paper instead of Automatic. Click apply and ok to save the settings
5.Try Change the printing mode –Normal mode  or Draft.
6. Remove all startup items from the task manager. (Having all unwanted application which will lower down you system performance.)
7. Clear all temp files,
8. Now try printing any document and check the result.

You can also by pass the print spooler and check.follow the steps below
Go to printer properties->Advance Tab-> Choose printing directly to printer.

NOTE: Printing directly to the printer rather than having a spool file send the data to the printer may slow down or temporarily freeze the computer.

For copying:
1. Go to copy menu and change the paper type to plain instead of automatic.
2. Set the paper size as letter/A4 , instead of leaving automatic., make sure to save the new setting.
Don’t leave setting to automatic. Instead of set the values.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Top Student
tom22
Message 3 of 4 (1,382 Views)

Thank you tried all that still slow.Got a feeling that it might be mechanical rather than software

Top Student
tom22
Message 4 of 4 (1,330 Views)

Problem solved!!!!!  Go to     fix your own printer.com    

Unplug printer

Press  # and 9 on printer keyboard and hold in whilst  plugging printer back in  = full reset

Printer worked perfectly.

WHY COULDN'T HP HAVE SUGGESTED THIS?????????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation