04-01-2013 11:22 AM
I have a HP Pavillion 400f Elite computer. Suddenly, my HL-2040 Brother Laser printer is causing my computer to crash when I call for it to print. Cpu is AMD, 8 GB RAM, Windowsm 7, 64 bit. Just reinstalled latest driver from Brother, no help.
Printer is fed A/C through a desktop power managment device, which is in turn connected to an APC 550 UPS. I did have a power failure several weeks ago and this problem seems to have started just after that. The printer prints even though the computer has crashed. The computer power light remains on. Any suggestions?
04-02-2013 04:37 PM
I understand when you attempt to print to your printer the computer crashes is that accurate? I will do all I can to help you with this issue.
Now when you state the computer crashes do you mean it blue screens? Or does it completely shut down after it you attempt to print?
Also just curious have you tried hooking the printer up to another computer desktop or laptop and test to see if the same thing occurs?
If I have been helpful or if you'd like to say thank you, click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. I really appreciate it.
Please respond at your earliest convenience.
Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series