Question

Top Student
doc1hlc
Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)

\t My computer shuts off or crashes when I print

I have a HP Pavillion 400f Elite computer.  Suddenly, my HL-2040 Brother Laser printer is causing my computer to crash when I call for it to print.  Cpu is AMD, 8 GB RAM, Windowsm 7, 64 bit.  Just reinstalled latest driver from Brother, no help.

Printer is fed A/C through a desktop power managment device, which is in turn connected to an  APC 550 UPS.  I did have a power failure several weeks ago and this problem seems to have started just after that.  The printer prints even though the computer has crashed.  The computer power light remains on.  Any suggestions?

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 2 of 2 (336 Views)

Re: \t My computer shuts off or crashes when I print

Hello Doc1hlc,

I understand when you attempt to print to your printer the computer crashes is that accurate? I will do all I can to help you with this issue.

Now when you state the computer crashes do you mean it blue screens? Or does it completely shut down after it you attempt to print?

Also just curious have you tried hooking the printer up to another computer desktop or laptop and test to see if the same thing occurs?

If I have been helpful or if you'd like to say thank you, click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. I really appreciate it.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation