Question

Top Student
Zer0ness
Message 1 of 15 (7,327 Views)
Accepted Solution

unable to check HP Deskjet 3050 J610 ink level

I'm unable to check Ink Level. When I go to:

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers\HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series

I get only "See What's Printing", "Set Preferences" and "Customize Your Printer".

CP-HaS-DaP- HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series.gifS-HP.gif

How do I fix this issue?

HP Administrator
Natalie_B
Message 2 of 15 (7,308 Views)

Re: unable to check HP Deskjet 3050 J610 ink level

Hi Zer0ness,

Let me see if I can help you checking ink levels. What Operating System do you use? If you have the full feature software and driver installed on your computer, you should be able to access the HP printer software to find ink levels. Based on the screenshot you sent, it doesn't look like the full feature software is installed. I can help you install it if you tell me which OS you have.

Here is how you access that software for Windows XP...

1. Click Start ( ), click All Programs , click HP , click the folder for your HP printer, and then click the icon for your HP printer ( ).

2. In the printer software, double-click Estimated Ink Levels ( ).

The HP Toolbox opens, displaying a graphic that represents the estimated ink levels for your printer.

Figure: Estimated ink levels
Image: Estimated ink levels

Let me know if that works. If not I have a few other ideas.

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
Zer0ness
Message 3 of 15 (7,302 Views)

When I bought it. I installed all software from CD and here was all, but for some reason here isn't any longer.

OS is Win7 64bit

When I runned CD > add more software here readed "Already Installed" at end.

I uninstalled HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series and then I reinstalled software from CD.

When I uninstalled it I got Error:

Warning 1910. Could not remove Shortcut HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series Scan.Ink. Verify that the shortcut file exists and that you can access it.

And after that I reinstalled software and now it works.

I'm pretty fool to forget that I had CD and I could do that.

Thanks for help.

HP Administrator
Natalie_B
Message 4 of 15 (7,296 Views)

Excellent, happy to hear it worked!

I am an HP employee.
HP Administrator
Natalie_B
Message 5 of 15 (7,294 Views)

One more thing. Would you mind marking the Solution on the above post so that other customers experiencing this issue can resolve it as well? Thanks again.
I am an HP employee.
Student
whateveryuguyhi
Message 6 of 15 (6,202 Views)

No matter what I do my printer 3050j610 will not let me estimate ink levels anymore.  I have uninstalled reinstalled useing **bleep** I have gone through programs to soft ware but it will not give me ink levels please help

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 7 of 15 (6,138 Views)

Hey whateveryuguyhi,

I see you have a Deskjet 3050 that is not allowing you to check estimated ink levels any longer. I'm sorry to hear this, but once I have a bit more information I will certainly have a deeper look into this for you!

1. Which version of Windows or Mac are you working with?

2. Is the printer connected via USB or wireless?

3. Is this just a recent development or have you always had issues in regards to ink levels?

4. Have there been any updates to the computer/printer recently?

Once I have this, I will certainly come back to you with a suggestion :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Jeff_N
Message 8 of 15 (6,017 Views)

I too am experiencing this issue now too. It has just started and I always had not problems checking the ink levels.

I am running Windows 7, Version 6.1 (Build 7601 Service Pack 1)

Printer is connected through USB

There have been Windows updates recently.

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 9 of 15 (5,973 Views)

Hi Jeff_N,

What issues are you having checking the ink levels? Are they just showing as question marks in the HP Printer Assistant or what seems to be the issue when checking the ink levels?

If you download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor, does it detect any issues or offer any solutions?

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Student
thart4352
Message 10 of 15 (5,892 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am suddenly having the same issue. This worked just a few weeks ago so it must have been some type of auto update to either HP software or Windows 7.  No matter of unistall/reinstall of the HP software, I only get the three options in the screen shot shown earlier in this thread: "See What's Printing", "Set Preferences" and "Customize Your Printer".  There is no option to check ink levels.  Note that that this is a Windows Control Panel screen for the device... it is not popping up the HP printer management software as it should.  & the Print & Scan dr utility on the HP website does not detect any issues. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation