Question

Student
catknip
Message 1 of 6 (13,768 Views)
Accepted Solution

what is the fix for general printer error 0x61000f6 for an hp photosmart premium all-in-one printer?

1. HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer (309a)

2. Windows Vista 64-Bit Home

3. General Printer Error 0x61000f6

4. No known changes to printer before problem developed

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 6 (13,758 Views)

what is the fix for general printer error 0x61000f6 for an hp photosmart premium all-in-one printer?

The 0x610000f6 error code is an indicator of a carriage jam in the Photosmart C309a. Please check out the document located here for steps to help address a carriage jam.

Let me know if this helps.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
plshelpmepls
Message 3 of 6 (13,682 Views)

Re: what is the fix for general printer error 0x61000f6 for an hp photosmart premium all-in-one prin

I have an OFFICEJET 6500 that jammed earlier. Followed steps, call3ed tech support...got some lady in India with very bad English who was pushing for me to buy a new printer. I kept playing with it and found this post. I found some more pieces of pape3r stuck by the cartridge installation directions! I am a happy person!!!!   Thank you!!!!

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 6 (13,675 Views)

Re: what is the fix for general printer error 0x61000f6 for an hp photosmart premium all-in-one printer?

Glad to hear you are up and going!  Best of luck in all your future printing needs.

Happy Printing

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
slider11
Message 5 of 6 (10,170 Views)

Re: what is the fix for general printer error 0x61000f6 for an hp photosmart premium all-in-one prin

Tried all suggestions in the document as well as the videos from the HP site with no luck.  When I try to print it sounds like the carriage moves all the way to the left then back to the right where it bumps three times then I get the error message again.  When I raise the the printer cover to access the ink cartridges and printhead the carriage moves the printhead to the left, then back to the right where it bumps three times and give me the error message again.  All of this started after I cleared an envelope jam.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 6 (10,116 Views)

Hi slider11

I understand you have a 0x61000f6 error.

Since you have already followed the carriage jam document and are still having the same issue then

I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options
are available for you.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation