07-04-2012 08:58 PM
HP Deskjet F4500 Series the printer. When I go to print, the printer is always offline. I either have to unplug my modem/router etc and then plug it all back in to get the printer back on line, but when I do this, then my TV has to reboot/reload, too. I don't like to have to do this. Or, I have to connect the USB cable to the printer to print. FYI, I don't leave my printer on all the time. I only turn it on when I want to use it. How can I fix it so it isn't off line everytime I turn it back on?
07-04-2012 09:32 PM
Does the printer have a static IP? Setting a static IP is explained in Point E of the guide here:
|******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******|
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
12-02-2013 06:02 PM
I understand your Officejet 6300 is stating "offline". Please reference this HP document to help you resolve this issue: 'Printer is offline' And The Printer Will Not Print.
I am going to recommend referencing this previous post from CherylG for assigning a static IP if your printer gets offline on a regular basic.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series