Question

Student
ginalea
Message 1 of 4 (2,528 Views)

why does my printer always go off line? how do i fix it so it stops doing that?

HP Deskjet F4500 Series the printer.  When I go to print, the printer is always offline.  I either have to unplug my modem/router etc and then plug it all back in to get the printer back on line, but when I do this, then my TV has to reboot/reload, too.  I don't like to have to do this.  Or, I have to connect the USB cable to the printer to print.  FYI, I don't leave my printer on all the time.  I only turn it on when I want to use it.  How can I fix it so it isn't off line everytime I turn it back on? 

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (2,519 Views)

Re: why does my printer always go off line? how do i fix it so it stops doing that?

Does the printer have a static IP? Setting a static IP is explained in Point E of the guide here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/ePrint-Apps-Connectivity-Troubleshooting-Pleas...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
alices13
Message 3 of 4 (460 Views)

Re: why does my printer always go off line? how do i fix it so it stops doing that?

My HP6300 series All-in-One printer is "Off-line". I have tried everything. How do I get it on-line?

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 4 (423 Views)

Hello alices13.

I understand your Officejet 6300 is stating "offline". Please reference this HP document to help you resolve this issue: 'Printer is offline' And The Printer Will Not Print.

I am going to recommend referencing this previous post from CherylG for assigning a static IP if your printer gets offline on a regular basic.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ashley

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation