Question

Student
smRN1
Message 1 of 9 (7,627 Views)

why is my printer offline on my laptop?

why  is my laptop saying my printer is offline?

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 9 (7,552 Views)

Re: why is my printer offline on my laptop?

Hello! Could you please provide more information regarding the issue, such as which printer you are using? Any additional information will be helpful!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Student
Tass111
Message 3 of 9 (7,384 Views)

I have a HP psc 2400 series printer. It's been a few months since

I noticed that my printer states it's off line. I have tried various suggestions

to keep it online, but nothing has worked lately.

I was able to get it on line on a few occasions, like disconnecting the power.

But that doesn't work anymore.

Any suggestions you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 4 of 9 (7,246 Views)

This utility may help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02114788&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=303...

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Top Student
RMPrudent
Message 5 of 9 (7,241 Views)

I feel like an idiot, but I'm going around and around with my printer as well.  I've had an HP 6988 for a couple of years.  Every so often, it just goes "offline" for some reason.  I have run the diagnostic utility you suggested above (I found it in the past few days), and it says everything is in working order.  The printer is on the same network as my laptops and it should print.  It won't print a test page, either from me hitting "print" on the laptop or from me hitting the appropriate button on the front of the printer.  I thought it went offline because it was out of ink, but a fresh ink cartridge has made no difference.  Still won't print, either from the laptop or even on the front of the printer.  It was working perfectly until 2/6, at which point it was printing a 1-page job for my son and it just stopped mid-way through.  Again, I thought it was lack of ink, but that's apparently not it.  I've restarted both laptops and even left the printer turned "off" overnight.  When it's done this before, I've reinstalled it, etc., and nothing really helps.  It just sort of starts working again on his own.  Any thoughts about what's going on?  There's no paper jam that I can tell.  Thanks

Student
TE64
Message 6 of 9 (6,926 Views)

my laptop will not connect to my HP Office Jet Pro 8500 Wireless - it has in the past, but not tonight

Student
Bakey
Message 7 of 9 (6,881 Views)

I have a C309g that stopped printing while making a greeting card.  The computer says the printer is off line and I can't figure out how to get it back,  I've unplugged it , eset the remote etc to no avail.  The printer will make copies but won't print.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Honor Student
Fvsteele
Message 8 of 9 (4,059 Views)

I have a Pavilion dv7-6c95dx notebook and I can not get it to print. It shows printer if offline and when I right click it, it does nothing. Normally I could right click and change it from my desk top, but this notebook does not allow me to do so. So how can I get my notebook to be online with my printer?

Student
rjgracie
Message 9 of 9 (4,035 Views)

I am having the same problem with my pavilion dv7 also! Did you ever find a solution??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation