Question

Top Student
Smulvos
Message 1 of 8 (362 Views)
Accepted Solution

wrong?? colors

Hi.

I have a HP Deskjet F4210 All in One for years. It worked perfectly. Now I bought a new desktop (The windows XP problem) with windows 8.1 connected the printer deownloaded the installation program.

All ok.

If I print f.e. this message there is no problem. But if I try to print a phote then the print comes out in a blue-ish color.

I inserted a very easy photo as example with almoswt no colors

Something is wrong but I do not know what.\

Thanks in advance for your helpIMG-20140408-WA0000.jpg

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 8 (344 Views)

Re: wrong?? colors

Hello Smulvos,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Deskjet F4210 is printing colors wrong. I will do my best to assist you! Thank you for providing a picture on this post. I would start off by following this HP document on Faded, Missing, or Dull Colors in Printouts.

Please print an extended self-test report to make sure the color ink is correct. Let me know on this post how this page comes out.

If this page comes out with missing colors, then continue following this document.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Smulvos
Message 3 of 8 (339 Views)

Thanks very much for your prompt reaction. Compliment for your help!

But...problem not solved.

I cleaned everything as you described printed the full test page and the color yellow on the top of the page is missing (also after cleaning)

What can I do.

I explained already that I changed due to the "XP problem" from desktop.

Now I have a new desktop with windows 8.1.

The inklevels are giving the following ( translated out of Dutch): Black cartridge>>>Used ...every day

Tri Color>>>Almost empty

The strange thing is that I am not using the printer every day.

And not long ago I bought Black and Tri Color Cartridges and since that day I did not used the printer that much.

In fact almost not.

What can we do?

Thanks in advance

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 8 (321 Views)

No problem and thank you for this updated information.

How long ago did you buy a new Black ink cartridge and Tri color ink cartridge? How many times did you use this printer since you installed these ink cartridges? Did you print out pictures or documents?

If you bought these ink cartridges a couple of days and the Tri color is reading low, then the printer may not be reading the ink levels properly. Note: the self-test page is also missing the yellow ink on the page. Please follow these steps:

1. Remove all ink cartridges from the printer, then close the door
  2. Remove the power cord from the printer (Do not press the power button)
  3. Please clean the ink cartridges by following this HP document here. (Also, make sure you have completed all the steps from this document)
  4. Wait 60 seconds or more, then plug the power cord back in
  5. Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges
  6. Try to print a document or photo

Please let me know if the Tri color ink cartridge ink level is showing low.

Have a great day! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Smulvos
Message 5 of 8 (312 Views)

hi there

To be honest I do not know when exact I bought the two cartridges but certainly not longer then 3 months.

As I said before I do not print that much.

I did everything you advised me to do in point 1 to 6.

The status now is Color HP 300XL alomost Empty and HP 300 zwart (black) is "gebruikt" (used)

with a ? mark. If I click on that it says "used every day"

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 6 of 8 (286 Views)

Thank you for this updated information.

The only things I can recommend is either changing your ink cartridges to verify if you're still experiencing the same problem or calling HP technical support for further assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Smulvos
Message 7 of 8 (263 Views)

Thanks very much for your info and your attention for it.

As told you before I used the printer just a little bit.

I bought in the meantime new cartridges and it works.

The sad thing about the whole is the fact that I now paid a fortune for the cartridges while in my view the old ones

should still be good swince I used the printer so little.

Something was wrong with the old ones thats for sure.

But how can i prove that?

I consider that this is the last time I bought new cartridges. Next time I buy a new printer but not from HP

Anyway thanks very much for your help!

Student
JoanM2
Message 8 of 8 (213 Views)

I have an Officejet Pro 8500A Plus printer that is not printing yellow.   I shouldn't be out of ink because I get a message when I am out, and I just replaced the yellow 2 weeks ago and do very little color printing.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation