03-13-2014 10:43 AM
We use the HP officejet Pro X476dw at work. The printer works great! The only problem we have come across is when we are printing on to Glossy paper the ink smears. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
03-14-2014 08:30 AM
You need to make sure your printer can handle the media that you have loaded. Glossy materials need to be treated with the correct fuser temperature otherwise the toner particles will not attach correctly.
Take a look at the User Guide for more suggestions on configuring glossy media:
05-14-2014 10:34 AM
Like John said, a lot of times glossy paper is what people call laser printer paper and it won't work well with any ink product. Buying glossy paper that's intended for inkjet instead of laser will result in much better, more durable prints.
If you want best results, use a glossy paper with ColorLok technology. HP inks work with the ColorLok media to rapidly and firmly bind to the paper so your prints are more durable.
One difference to be aware of between HP's laser and ink products is that for a laser printer, a lot of general printing gets a glossy finish due to how that process works. Because ink is different, much general office printing is done on paper with a matte finish with glossy paper reserved for things like photos and brochures.
05-14-2014 09:00 PM
Please also note that the printer driver settings play a part in printing on glossy media for OJ Pro X476, please set your print setting to glossy paper too.
***Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left***
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.**
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series