5590P USB scanning over IP with a Draytek V2130 n (186 Views)
Honor Student
Jasper148
Message 1 of 4 (186 Views)

5590P USB scanning over IP with a Draytek V2130 n

Hello Forum

(excuse me for my English)

I have a Scanjet 5590P that I wish to integrate in my network (it is a USB scanner).

A router company mentioned that the De Draytek V2130n Gigabit router probably will work.

On my question that there is no scanning option mentioned in the spec list the answers was (I translated it myself) :  The router works a bit different than most router because it will make an IP address where the USB is to be founded. The man thought that de IP address will probably be founded on the scanner software on a PC. The advise was to check the scanning software/scanner dpecs itself.

My knowledge of this part of my question is not zo good so how can I be Shure if I buy the Draytek it will work.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks Jasper

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 4 (157 Views)

Re: 5590P USB scanning over IP with a Draytek V2130 n

Jasper, looks like you are trying to share the scanjet over the network. You would be best off checking with the router provider for more specification on this. The HP products are not designed to be, essentially, shared over the network in this fashion, but I have seen a number of routers cropping up lately that have USB ports which do allow this. As this is not yet a network adaption we support, I am going to have to refer you to another source for more information on this.

I hope this is useful to you! 

-Spencer 

PS Have a great weekend! 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Jasper148
Message 3 of 4 (149 Views)

Hallo Spencer / HP

Thanks for trying to help.

I already checked with the router provider and they answered “the router support this” (as you mentioned as well) but we don’t know if the scannersoftware allows to find a scanner on an IP address.

So in short: the routers company said “ask the scanner company” and HP advises “to ask the router provider”.…..

The search will go on

Have a great weekend too

Jasper
Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)

Unfortunately, I am just aware that the feature is accessible depending on the router. It is not a networking type that we currently support. From what is known, if they say that it is supported then there is a chance that it is. It is essentially the same as sharing the device over the network through a computer. I would attempt the connection and see if it it works. 

If you do try it, let me know, Jasper! 

-Spencer 

PS Have a great day! 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation