12-21-2009 08:55 PM
Printed copies are just fine and are clear and crisp. However, when Copy Function is used, there's a couple of vertical lines, about 3/8 of an inch apart that runs the complete length of the page. There's also some minor smudging notices in various places on the page. It appears it might need a good cleaning, but I no longer have the manual and don't know where to start, or what to use. Can anyone help me "clean" the copying components of this machine? Thanks
12-21-2009 11:32 PM
Are you using the automatic document feeder tray to make a copy? You may try to use this document to address this issue, click here.
12-22-2009 08:02 AM
It certainly sounds like you have me headed in the right direction. I'll follow these directions and let you know if this fixes the problem. Hopefully it will. Merry Christmas.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers