6700 will not scan or copy (can print) . (782 Views)
Honor Student
ronkjeffries
Message 1 of 7 (782 Views)

6700 will not scan or copy (can print) .

Have installed new software, run the fixit program, nothing works.  

System: Win 7 ultimate,  ethernet, DHCP.

Printing works, so printer is communicating with computer. 

IP address has been refreshed.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 7 (753 Views)

Re: 6700 will not scan or copy (can print) .

I am going to need you to give me a little more description of what's going on here. Do you mean that when you are at your computer you cannot scan (if so what error message do you see), or do you mean that when you are at the printer and need to make a copy nothing happens (any error message here), or is it both? 

When you try to do either, does the printer make any noise or sound like it is "trying" to complete the print job? 

Run this tool and let me know what it returns on you scanner : PSDr

Let me know and I will get right back with you on this issue! 
:smileyhappy:

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
Lslandry
Message 3 of 7 (751 Views)

I have the same problem. My 6700 prints fine, but when I try to copy, scan or fax, I get an error message: 

Scanner Failure

Can't copy, scan or fax

When I hit the start button, there is no sound, no movement from the auto document feeder. The only thing that happens is the alert sound and the error message pops up on the screen.

Help!

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 7 (718 Views)

Alright, another thing I would like you to check is to see if the firmware is up to date on the printer. Here is a link to the website where you can choose your OS and download the latest firmware and see if that resolves the issue you are having. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=5058338

Let me know what comes of this! 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
ronkjeffries
Message 5 of 7 (714 Views)

I did all that and more. The solution for my 6700 refusing to scan required replacing the printer. I found a document about a known hardware problem where the light used for scanning (and faxing) does not come on.

In my opinion I had to invest way way too much of my time to track this down. And now I have a refurbished rather than new 6700 printer. Sigh.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 6 of 7 (714 Views)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced , but I am glad that you now have a working unit.

I hope that you have a wonderful week! 

Signature
Honor Student
ylor
Message 7 of 7 (256 Views)

wher did you find the info to repair light I have the same problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation