01-22-2013 04:17 PM
Have installed new software, run the fixit program, nothing works.
System: Win 7 ultimate, ethernet, DHCP.
Printing works, so printer is communicating with computer.
IP address has been refreshed.
02-21-2013 04:57 PM
I am going to need you to give me a little more description of what's going on here. Do you mean that when you are at your computer you cannot scan (if so what error message do you see), or do you mean that when you are at the printer and need to make a copy nothing happens (any error message here), or is it both?
When you try to do either, does the printer make any noise or sound like it is "trying" to complete the print job?
Run this tool and let me know what it returns on you scanner : PSDr
Let me know and I will get right back with you on this issue!
02-21-2013 05:14 PM
I have the same problem. My 6700 prints fine, but when I try to copy, scan or fax, I get an error message:
Can't copy, scan or fax
When I hit the start button, there is no sound, no movement from the auto document feeder. The only thing that happens is the alert sound and the error message pops up on the screen.
02-25-2013 12:05 PM
Alright, another thing I would like you to check is to see if the firmware is up to date on the printer. Here is a link to the website where you can choose your OS and download the latest firmware and see if that resolves the issue you are having.
Let me know what comes of this!
02-25-2013 12:48 PM
I did all that and more. The solution for my 6700 refusing to scan required replacing the printer. I found a document about a known hardware problem where the light used for scanning (and faxing) does not come on.
In my opinion I had to invest way way too much of my time to track this down. And now I have a refurbished rather than new 6700 printer. Sigh.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers