Question

Honor Student
rbgbrig
Message 1 of 7 (421 Views)

7410 scanner gives message "you need to install or run HP software for this feature"

My office jet 7410 all in one won't scan to my XP PC. It is wireless and works fine otherwise. When I press the "scan to" button and then the "select computer" button, I get the message "you need to install or run HP software for this feature". I have downloaded and reinstalled the HP software for the printer numerous times. It works OK otherwise. It also doesn't show up as a scanner when trying to scan from the computer. the printer copier works.  My HP PSC 2355 all-in-one USB scans OK to the same PC.

Bob

Student
john0125
Message 2 of 7 (331 Views)

Re: 7410 scanner gives message "you need to install or run HP software for this feature"

I am having this same problem.  Did you resolve your problem?  I've done everthing you quoted in your post.

John

Honor Student
rbgbrig
Message 3 of 7 (328 Views)

Re: 7410 scanner gives message "you need to install or run HP software for this feature"

No, still have problem. either we are the only two people in the world with this problem, or nobody has a clue.?????

Student
tlcollins
Message 4 of 7 (288 Views)

My 7410 has the same issue.  Has anyone come up with a resolution?  Thanks T-

Student
krowmagnum1
Message 5 of 7 (258 Views)

Yes, just ran into the same identical problem with my 7410 AIO.  I have not figured out how to resolve the problem and would also appreciate some information. 

Student
lamedoc
Message 6 of 7 (240 Views)

I am having the same problem.

Student
flawet
Message 7 of 7 (210 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have dealt with this several times over the years in my office. Wirelessly using XP on one laptop everything continues to work great, while my laptop running W7 finally worked great, but now I'm back to it only printing, no scan. I am working on it, and I'll get back if/when I gigured out what worked. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation