04-28-2012 01:47 PM
My office jet 7410 all in one won't scan to my XP PC. It is wireless and works fine otherwise. When I press the "scan to" button and then the "select computer" button, I get the message "you need to install or run HP software for this feature". I have downloaded and reinstalled the HP software for the printer numerous times. It works OK otherwise. It also doesn't show up as a scanner when trying to scan from the computer. the printer copier works. My HP PSC 2355 all-in-one USB scans OK to the same PC.
06-18-2012 12:21 PM
No, still have problem. either we are the only two people in the world with this problem, or nobody has a clue.?????
11-29-2012 05:02 PM
Yes, just ran into the same identical problem with my 7410 AIO. I have not figured out how to resolve the problem and would also appreciate some information.
01-13-2013 08:34 AM - edited 01-13-2013 08:35 AM
I have dealt with this several times over the years in my office. Wirelessly using XP on one laptop everything continues to work great, while my laptop running W7 finally worked great, but now I'm back to it only printing, no scan. I am working on it, and I'll get back if/when I gigured out what worked.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers