Question

Top Student
wormturner
Message 1 of 2 (83 Views)

8500a ADF skips pages

I have tried to use the Automatic Document Feeder to scan multiple pages and it ends up ALWAYS skipping a page or two. This is for document feeds that are generally more than 5 pages. Regularly, I have tried to place 10-15 sheets in the ADF and what I get is a consistent scan of only about 12. It averages out to about 1 missed page for every 6 pages scanned. I have cleaned the rollers, although this happened right out of the box, and there has been no improvement. When each document is scanned, you can tell which ones will be sucessful: The sheets that begin to feed in, and then speed up while passing through, scan. The documents that are just fed in at a steady pace all the way through, don't scan and are skipped.  I have taken pages that are slightly crumpled, as well as scanned documents that were first copied fresh and loaded pristine, and the result is always the same pattern unless i slightly hold each sheet with my finger and let it feed when i think there's enough time between the previous scanned page and the next. It makes the machine unreliable for ADF scanning, copying, or faxing. I haven't seen anyone elses problem quite like this one. As I have said, it has happened from the day I got it. It almost strikes me a a software problem with the timing of the document feed.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)

Re: 8500a ADF skips pages

Hi,

Please verify the printer directly connected to the power socket and not through any Power hub, surge protector, etc..

Additionally, verify the latest firmware is installed and check if that may help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02830943&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4083969&tmp...

If the issue persists with no change, please contact the local HP Support Center.

You may find the phone number by selecting your region and following Technical support after you buy:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-contact-us.html

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation