Question

Tutor
Completer
Message 1 of 4 (197 Views)

8600 Officejet Pro Premium - STREAKS - All Streaks on Scans & Copies

I am trying to set up & get my 8600 Officejet Pro Premium to work

I have it Plugged Directly into Outlet

When I try to copy a page - I get nothing but streaks - all the way up and down paper - from one side to other - regardless what I am trying to copy - Same thing happens when I try to scan to computer - see pic

I can print just fine 

I have ran the programs to have HP help to solve issues - with no help

Have posted here before - had one suggestin - which did not work, then never got any other help, so I am trying one more time.  

Is it possible I missed a piece of Packing Material - that could be causing this - If so, Please suggest where I could look to find the extras

I have cleaned flatbed - I have done everything that helpers on this site have suggested to other people, cleaned, plugged in direct, checked drivers, etc...

Thank You in Advance to anyone who can offer me a solution

Scan0001x.jpg

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 4 (163 Views)

Re: 8600 Officejet Pro Premium - STREAKS - All Streaks on Scans & Copies

Hi Completer,

I'd like to help you with the streaks you are getting when copying and scanning. Please start with checking for a firmware update. HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g_n Firmware. If you look at the website and find your firmware version matches what is on the web page, please try the update anyway.

Please let me know if updating the firmware resolves the issue. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Completer
Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)

When I checked to see if there are any updates needed - it says Computer is Up to Date

Nothing that has been recommended so far as worked

I do not think it has anything to do with Software - If I attempt to just copy from Officejet, without Computer, Still has Streaks 

Did I miss packing material??? 

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 4 (121 Views)

Hi Completer,

I don't believe you have missed a piece of the packing materiel, but I do believe you are correct about the issue being related to the hardware itself and not the computer. Since the issue occurs when you copy, it must have something to do with the scanner bulb or the power cable. Maybe the printer is not getting enough power to fully heat the bulb. I suggest calling HP at this point. Whether the printer is in warranty or not, HP will be able to discuss your options with you.

The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Thanks for your time and for reaching out to the HP Forums!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation