Question

Honor Student
rstamp
Message 1 of 4 (2,342 Views)

A-I-O 8500 -- need to pause dialing after pressing '9' for outside line

How do I tell the fax function on the 8500 to pause when faxing directly from the printer?  I cannot find a way to dial a comma, and the machine does not wait long enough for the outside line to get dial tone...
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 4 (2,337 Views)

Re: A-I-O 8500 -- need to pause dialing after pressing '9' for outside line

Type a '*' or '#' (i cant remember which one exactly right now)after 9 for inserting a pause. Type them mulitple times to pause longer.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
rickherbig
Message 3 of 4 (2,037 Views)

I have a Photosmart Premium Web C309n and have the same problem.  I have tried entering both '*' and '#' repeatedly to trigger a pause but instead hear the key being dialed during the dialing sequence.  I have searched all available documentation for this printer and this issue is not referenced.  This is a nice all-in-one but unless I can get this problem resolved, this machine is relegated to only receiving faxes, which is unacceptable.

Tutor
LCHutton
Message 4 of 4 (1,970 Views)

To get a pause, locate the cursor where you want the pause, then try these:

Press and hold the * (star) key until there is a - (dash) on the display.

If that doesn't work, press the up arrow on the Printer controls.  Hopefully, you will get a - (dash) on the display.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation