Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (3,336 Views)

A-I-O 8500 -- need to pause dialing after pressing '9' for outside line

How do I tell the fax function on the 8500 to pause when faxing directly from the printer?  I cannot find a way to dial a comma, and the machine does not wait long enough for the outside line to get dial tone...
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 5 (3,331 Views)

Re: A-I-O 8500 -- need to pause dialing after pressing '9' for outside line

Type a '*' or '#' (i cant remember which one exactly right now)after 9 for inserting a pause. Type them mulitple times to pause longer.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Student
Message 3 of 5 (3,031 Views)

I have a Photosmart Premium Web C309n and have the same problem.  I have tried entering both '*' and '#' repeatedly to trigger a pause but instead hear the key being dialed during the dialing sequence.  I have searched all available documentation for this printer and this issue is not referenced.  This is a nice all-in-one but unless I can get this problem resolved, this machine is relegated to only receiving faxes, which is unacceptable.

Tutor
Message 4 of 5 (2,964 Views)

To get a pause, locate the cursor where you want the pause, then try these:

Press and hold the * (star) key until there is a - (dash) on the display.

If that doesn't work, press the up arrow on the Printer controls.  Hopefully, you will get a - (dash) on the display.

Student
Message 5 of 5 (330 Views)

I just spent too much time trying to figure out how to put a pause in the FAX phone number to disable my call waiting. My Kodak printer was able to be programed to do this autimatically. Why not HP? 

I finally figured it out on my own through trial and error. 

I pressed the # key twice ## and waited for the dash- to appear. I did it three times to make sure the pause was long enough to get a new dial tone. The FAX finally went through so that I received an OK receipt. Fingers crossed that it is readable on the other end.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation