07-31-2009 04:12 PM
07-31-2009 07:20 PM
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
10-27-2010 07:30 AM
I have a Photosmart Premium Web C309n and have the same problem. I have tried entering both '*' and '#' repeatedly to trigger a pause but instead hear the key being dialed during the dialing sequence. I have searched all available documentation for this printer and this issue is not referenced. This is a nice all-in-one but unless I can get this problem resolved, this machine is relegated to only receiving faxes, which is unacceptable.
12-13-2010 12:03 PM
To get a pause, locate the cursor where you want the pause, then try these:
Press and hold the * (star) key until there is a - (dash) on the display.
If that doesn't work, press the up arrow on the Printer controls. Hopefully, you will get a - (dash) on the display.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers