Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We recently purchased a LasertJet Pro M127-M128.  The ADF does not work consistently.  It automatically prompts to glass feed.  When we change scan feeder and insert the document to the scanner we get an error report "ADF does not contain any pages.  Insert the pages and rescan."  There are already pages in the scanner. This is very frustrating.  I do not want to return this device but if we can't solve the problem we have no choice.  Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @Windoc,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to work with you today with resolving the automatic document feeder issues that you're experiencing on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw. By the sounds of what you're describing, it does sound like you're experiencing a paper sensor issue with the automatic document feeder. To confirm this, can you remove all the paper from your automatic document feeder and with the printer at its normal screen insert 1 sheet into the feeder. The printer should make a 'ding' noise or display 'original' or 'document loaded' on the screen of the printer. Should none of these things happen than the paper sensor is not 'seeing' pages in the feeder and will not attempt to feed anything.

I'm going to provide some troubleshooting steps to resolve this automatic document feeder issue.

First, can you please run through the following HP Support document. The document does indicate the it is for a Paper Jam error, which I know you're not experiencing. However, it is always a good idea to check the automatic document feeder for any packaging debris or paper.

'Original Jam: Clear jam, and then press OK'

Once you check the automatic document feeder for debris and ensure that nothing is stuck in the mechanism, proceed with the next steps.

Clean the pickup rollers and separation pad in the document feeder:

1. Lift the document-feeder input tray.

2. Use a moist, lint-free cloth to wipe both pickup rollers and the separation pad to remove dirt.

CAUTION: Do not use abrasives, acetone, benzene, ammonia, ethyl alcohol, or carbon tetrachloride on any part of the product; these can damage the product. Do not place liquids directly on the glass or platen. They might seep and  damage the product.

Untitled.png

3. Once dry, close the document-feeder input tray.

Load 1 piece of paper in the automatic document feeder. Ensure the paper guides are adjusted and the feeder lid is closed tight. Does the product detect paper loaded now?

If the printer still fails to recognize paper as loaded in the feeder a reset may be needed.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. Best of luck! Smiley Happy

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

This fix did not work - can you send us the instructions for reset.  Thank you

HP Recommended

Hey @Windoc,

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps I provided failed to resolve your ADF issue. I will send your the instructions for the NVRAM Reset for your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw in a Private Message. Please follow the instructions in your Private Message and post the result of the reset in this thread and not in the Private Message as other users of the HP Support Forums may benefit from our troubleshooting steps.

I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  Please send me the reset or publish it.  

HP Recommended

Hey @liquidblender,

I understand that you're experiencing Automatic Document Feeder paper feed issues when utilising the ADF on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue. 

Now, to start troubleshooting, please ensure that you have completed all of the hardware troubleshooting steps, as it is crucial to perform all hardware steps prior to performing the NVRAM Programming Reset. 

Please click here to access the appropriate hardware steps to complete. Once the support document opens please complete the steps listed to check for any jams or debris within the Automatic Document Feeder assembly. Should the Document Feeder issue persist, please proceed with the steps below.

Clean the pickup rollers and separation pad in the document feeder:

1. Lift the document-feeder input tray.

2. Use a moist, lint-free cloth to wipe both pickup rollers and the separation pad to remove dirt.

CAUTION: Do not use abrasives, acetone, benzene, ammonia, ethyl alcohol, or carbon tetrachloride on any part of the product; these can damage the product. Do not place liquids directly on the glass or platen. They might seep and  damage the product.

Untitled.png

3. Once dry, close the document-feeder input tray.

Load 1 piece of paper in the automatic document feeder. Ensure the paper guides are adjusted and the feeder lid is closed tight. Once the page is loaded please perform a test Copy. Should the Automatic Document Feeder mechanism still fail to function properly an NVRAM Programming Reset will need to be completed.

Please refer to your Private Messages for instructions on how to perform the NVRAM Programming Reset.  Once your troubleshooting is complete please post the results in this thread. I look forward to hearing from you. Good luck! 🙂 

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

My ADF is not working, I have a brand new OfficeJet 7612. I use OS X Yosemite. I have reviewed the unit for jams\blockage\tape- none noted

HP Recommended

I bought a brand new HP Laserjet Pro MFP M127w. Everything works perfect except for the automatic document feeder. It has never worked since I got the printet so there are no paper jams on it. Really need help because it is kinda frustrating.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey there @carmarri and @Johnny9874

I see that the document feeder on both of your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw's are not working. I'd like to assist you both today with resolving this issue. Because neither of your products show jams or debris in the document feeder mechanisms there is a chance that a roller/sensor hardware issue is occuring within the product, or a programming conflict is occuring. To start troubleshooting let's ensure that the Laserjet's running the latest Firmware Programming Update. 

Once the Laserjets Firmware has been confirmed as up-to-date please load 1 piece of blank paper in the document feeder. Once loaded, check the display for a 'document loaded' or 'original loaded' messages. Also, listen for the 'ding' noise. Once you have confirmed that your printer detects paper as loaded int he document feeder hit the Copy button.

• Does a Copy now print successfully?

• If not, what is the exact error message that you see?

Please let me know how this goes. You may also click the 'thumbs up' icon below to say "thanks for helping!"  I look forward to hearing from the both of you. Good luck!

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

This did not solve my issue.  I have tried everything I can find on HP but my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn keeps giving me an error "Doc feeder mispick".  What else can be done?  I have cleaned the rollers, made sure there are no paper jams, updated per your instructions above, not sure what more I can do.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.