Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

With my 6500APlus the SD memory card was accessed in my case as http:\\192.168.0.111\memory_card but that syntax does not work with the HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a. Can anyone tell me what syntax will work?

Dean
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi deanp,

Follow the steps below to map the card reader

1. Insert memory card into the printer
2. Open My Computer
3. Click on Map network drive
4. Choose desired Drive letter, and then enter \\192.168.0.111\memory_card in the folder
5. Click finish, and the drive will open to access the files

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi dwpenn,

What is the IP address assigned to the printer?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Printer is at http://192.168.0.111

HP Recommended

Hi deanp,

Follow the steps below to map the card reader

1. Insert memory card into the printer
2. Open My Computer
3. Click on Map network drive
4. Choose desired Drive letter, and then enter \\192.168.0.111\memory_card in the folder
5. Click finish, and the drive will open to access the files

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Many Thanks!:smileyhappy:

Dean
HP Recommended

Hi dwpenn,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I've followed the steps, but my Officejet 6500+ is asking for a network password in order to map a drive to the card reader. Help???

HP Recommended

Hi jmccarty42, 

If it is asking for a password this would be the passphrase you have setup to access your network router. If you are not the one that setup the router you will need to contact the individual that setup your network to see what they set the password/passphrase too. 

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Nevermind ... Apparently, using the IP address works where the host name does not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.