Question

Honor Student
dieny
Message 1 of 61 (10,430 Views)

All in one printer does not scan.

All in one printer model:  HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z

Computer:  HP 2310 Series Wide LCD monitor

The scanner does not scan.  I think it is not connected or set up and there are no instructions in the manual.  The printer and copier work fine.  I ran HP Print and Scan Doctor and it could not detect a scanner.  What can I do?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 61 (10,387 Views)

Re: All in one printer does not scan.

What OS and how's the printer connected?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
dieny
Message 3 of 61 (10,380 Views)

The operating system is Windows 7 and the all in one printer connection is to a wireless LAN.  I have no problem printing.  My computer and scanner don't see each other.  I get a "scan to......." message on the printer and Window Fax and Scan says there is no new scan.  If you're able to help, you deserve many stars.  Thanks for helping.

Tutor
TishN
Message 4 of 61 (10,364 Views)

mY 7680 All in one prints fine but the HP Solution center shows it's not installed and it won't therefore scan.  I've been in the Communities for two days seeking help.  HP software is the total pits as I've seen expressed by others.  The worst thing is the endless loop circles that the help tools create.  I've been run through Print and Scan Diagnostics in circles repeatedly.  Isn't there a tool for making HP Solution Center recognize that it's installed?  When I run the diagnostics, every printer in the office shows up.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 5 of 61 (10,354 Views)

@dieny  It sounds like you don't have the full software install.  That would be why you can't scan.  Uninstall the printer and reinstall it using this download.  Make sure to follow the steps in this document to get the front panel options to work, once the install is done.  Let me know if it works or not.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 61 (10,352 Views)

@TishN What OS are you using?

Signature
Honor Student
dieny
Message 7 of 61 (10,332 Views)

Thanks very much...many kudos.  The new printer install app worked and I am now able to scan!  The final portion did get hung up on an error which I tried to fix.  The fix did not work but I was able to continue and finish without it.  All printer functions work; I did not set up the fax.  Thanks again.

Tutor
TishN
Message 8 of 61 (10,304 Views)

I am using Windows 7.  I have tried installing from the Windows 7 setup.  I have tried downloading HP Solution from the website.  The printers are all working fine as printers and one works also as a fax machine.  But I can't figure out how to get around the HP Solution issue of showing that my printers are not installed.  I'm really tired of deleting and re-installing them.  That's been done about 8 times already.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 9 of 61 (10,304 Views)

When you say "deleting" are you talking about removing the device and adding it again, or are you talking about uninstalling or reinstalling all of the printer's software?

Signature
Tutor
TishN
Message 10 of 61 (10,303 Views)

Both.  Initially we just deleted and reinstalled.  But eventually I uninstalled all of our printers (3) and went to the web and got the HP Print Install Wizard and installed from there.  When I run the Print and Scan diagnostic it shows all of the clearly installed and working properly.....of course that tool only checks on the print even though it says it is the print and scan diagnostic tool.  I can print just fine.  I really need to scan a lot of documents tonight.

I just went to the web and ran the printer install wizard again.  When I test scan on it during install, the scan works fine.  The problem is that I don't know how to get around the defective HP Solution Center software that must be corrupt as it is certain I have no installed printers so it won't ask them to scan.  

I have searched for HP Solution Center software thinking I'd uninstall the old one and re-install new one but I can't find it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation