01-27-2010 12:24 AM
Hi for some reason I can no longer receive faxes automatically. Was able to in the past and have had a few power surges & black outs - since then, even though fax setup says "automatic answer" in on and it is set to 6 rings before the fax cuts in......it doesn't work. Can answer manually, but that's no good for me when I'm not here. We operate Windows XP Home Edition, have ADSL with filters on all phone lines and have no answering machine.....any ideas?
05-08-2013 10:51 AM
Follow the steps in the link below to solve the issue:
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers