11-23-2012 08:25 AM
My Photosmart 7520 does not appear to have come with integrated OCR software. Is it possible to use another HP or third party OCR application to make this printer R CRs?
11-23-2012 08:59 AM
The software provided for your device indeed does not include OCR functionality, you may use any 3rd part OCR solution to scan as editable text.
If you have Microsoft Office suite there is a good chance the office suite provide this kind of capabilities:
Office 2007 or 2010:
Beside that you may try any other software, Vuescan may provide you good OCR results for an afforadable price, as well there are more professional solution as ReadIris
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
01-25-2013 02:42 AM
I had this problem too.
My previous HP all-in-one, an HP C309a, came with bundled IRIS OCR software that would create searchable PDFs.
The new HP 7520 also came with what seemed at first sight to be "IRIS OCR" software -- except it doesn't do OCR, unless I pay £80 to IRIS to upgrade.
Seeking a workaround without having to pay largely as much for the upgrade as I paid for the 7520, I found that if I scanned a document and created a (non-searchable) PDF with the 7520's bundled, basic HP scan software, and uploaded that PDF to Google Docs, then Google Docs itself seems to OCR the file because when I view it in Google Docs, I can search for text and copy text out of the file. The OCR-ing isn't perfect that way, but maybe it wouldn't be, either, with the £80 upgrade...
12-19-2013 03:05 PM
I solved this problem with ABBYY FineReader 11. It works very well and has a lot of options "under the bonnet / hood" that give you a lot of control over how it operates. You may occasionally find it on special offer at reduced price, and you can download it for a limited period free trial. Their website is here:
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers