04-16-2010 06:27 PM
I have an HP laserjet 3055 all-in-one printer copier scanner. I am getting a black vertical line 3 inches from the left on autofed copies but not on single copies I place on the glass. I see that others have had the exact same problem with various HP printers but when I press the icon for problem solved I just get a blank page. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
04-20-2010 09:38 AM
If you lift the ADF top cover to view the flatbed glass- there is a thin glass strip to the left of the flatbed scanner glass that is used for the ADF copy path. Try cleaning this left hand strip of glass and try an ADF copy again. You can also line up a copy with the vertical line defect on it with the thin glass strip to see if you can pinpoint where the dirt speck may be.
04-23-2010 01:40 PM
Your message was probably the most useful I've seen on this problem that many seem to have. I've read the canned tech support suggestions involving cleaning various parts of the ADF assembly/path, even spent a good bit of time on the phone with an HP tech support person who very patiently tried very hard to help.
But your focus on the thin "left hand strip of glass," the tip about aligning a "copy with the vertical line defect on it with the thin glass strip," and your emphasis on the problem possibly being as small as a "speck" did the trick. When I lined up a damaged copy, followed the delinquent black line to the thin glass strip, and carefully shone a light on it, there was a TINY (like a much smaller grain of rice!) speck. When I cleaned it carefully with a Q-tip dampened with distilled water and wiped it dry with a clean cloth, the black line was gone!!
Once again, "The devil's in the details." You helped save me from having to replace my machine. Many thanks.
04-25-2010 11:45 PM
I have the same problem with my 6210 all-in-one unit - and I have 3 vertical lines that run the length of the copy at 3/4, 2, and 2.25 in from left side. I tried cleaning the glass and it makes no difference. the lines only appear when faxing or using auto feed. does anyone know how to fix this?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers