11-11-2009 12:59 AM
Scan to a flash drive and then load the contents of the flash drive onto your computer!
I fought with my computer for days trying to get the wireless scanner to operate. I get error messages. So the simplest solution was to use a flash drive. You have to get up and put pictures on the scanner anyway so it's no biggy to insert the little thing. Once inserted, go to the home screen... choose Scan. Then choose Scan To USB Flash Drive. Once all of your pics are on the flash, insert it into your computer. My pictures automatically go to iphoto where I can click the import button.
11-11-2009 04:52 PM
Thanks Shawn, this is certainly a work around but it falls short. My printer scans to jpg format and I usually want pdf. And there is no printer facility to edit the image before it is scanned to the flash drive.
HP needs to get their act together. Why sell a scanner that is supposed to scan to computer but won't? Seems like the cart is before the horse.
In one hour I am attending a computer class on Vista imaging and I don't imagine HP is going to get many kudos. Thankfully there are other product choices and perhaps I will see some. Meanwhile I am back to my XP and the HP 3150 which works fine.
12-29-2009 05:11 PM
There are also other OS choices. The C390 scans and prints flawlessly in linux. I can scan to any format from within apps such as GIMP or Open Office, or using XSane. When I use a thumbdrive or SD card in the scanner it shows up as a drive on my Kubuntu box, just as if I had plugged it in directly.
01-27-2011 03:48 PM
I was having the same issues with scanning. HP solutions would not work. (I have windows 2007)These does work for me.
1 Go to windows Fax and Scan
2 Click help
3 Click Install a scanner (located in first sentence)
4 Click open network
5 Click on your printer (C309a)
6 Click webscan….then click preview
7 Right click mouse and choose “save as”
Hopefully this will help.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers