Question

Student
CandyWA
Message 1 of 5 (4,127 Views)

C309 scan solution

Scan to a flash drive and then load the contents of the flash drive onto your computer!

I fought with my computer for days trying to get the wireless scanner to operate.  I get error messages.  So the simplest solution was to use a flash drive.  You have to get up and put pictures on the scanner anyway so it's no biggy to insert the little thing.  Once inserted, go to the home screen... choose Scan.  Then choose Scan To USB Flash Drive.  Once all of your pics are on the flash, insert it into your computer.  My pictures automatically go to iphoto where I can click the import button.

Tutor
F106Jock
Message 2 of 5 (4,111 Views)

Re: C309 scan solution

Thanks Shawn, this is certainly a work around but it falls short. My printer scans to jpg format and I usually want pdf. And there is no printer facility to edit the image before it is scanned to the flash drive.

HP needs to get their act together. Why sell a scanner that is supposed to scan to computer but won't?  Seems like the cart is before the horse.

In one hour I am attending a computer class on Vista imaging and I don't imagine HP is going to get many kudos. Thankfully there are other product choices and perhaps I will see some. Meanwhile I am back to my XP and the HP 3150 which works fine.

F106jock

Student
Alexw
Message 3 of 5 (3,858 Views)

There are also other OS choices. The C390 scans and prints flawlessly in linux. I can scan to any format from within apps such as GIMP or Open Office, or using XSane. When I use a thumbdrive or SD card in the scanner it shows up as a drive on my Kubuntu box, just as if I had plugged it in directly.

Student
itsgabbie
Message 4 of 5 (2,375 Views)

I was having the same issues with scanning.  HP solutions would not work. (I have windows 2007)These does work for me.

1 Go to windows Fax and Scan

2 Click help

3 Click Install a scanner (located in first sentence)

4 Click open network

5 Click on your printer (C309a)

6 Click webscan….then click preview

7 Right click mouse and choose “save as”

Hopefully this will help.

Student
ant98
Message 5 of 5 (2,135 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation