Re: C309A - DUPLEX Scan to USB , USB SCAN to PDF (1858 Views)
Student
saleemarshad
Message 1 of 7 (4,504 Views)

C309A - DUPLEX Scan to USB , USB SCAN to PDF

Hi

Ive just got the HP PHOTOSMART C309a.
Its a great machine, however im not sure if it allows you to perform a duplex scan from the machine (walk up duplex scan to usb)

Also, from the machine it only allows you to scan to jpg. does it do a scan to pdf as well?? (USB SCAN TO PDB)

Many thanks

S

Student
QuidamIT
Message 2 of 7 (3,138 Views)

Re: C309A - DUPLEX Scan to USB , USB SCAN to PDF

Surprisingly, this message is one year old and no solution was found yet.

I have the exact same concern. I've been looking around on google, HP support and other places to find a way to do what the OP wants (which is what I want to).

I can scan to PDF using the hp solution center on the computer. I can also scan directly to a USB stick from the printer and it will save the scan as a jpg image file. But what I need is to be able to scan from the printer and have the file saved as a PDF.

So far it seems that's not possible.

Any advice?

Thank you

Student
Freybeger
Message 3 of 7 (3,016 Views)

Well I to have the same problem.  My c309a only scans to the USB as .jpg.  even from the document feeder.  Is there a solution to this.  I see I am not the only one having the problem

Student
robinsonpatrick
Message 4 of 7 (2,236 Views)

Any answer yet HP?  The poor student is still trying since '09.  I am wondering also.

Honor Student
mendicants
Message 5 of 7 (1,971 Views)

I cannot speak for a WINTEL platform, but on a Mac (I'm on OSX 10.7.3), the scan dialog allows for the user to set FORMAT (to PDF) and there is a checkbox for "Duplex" scanning (which means two sided).  Also, other user spedifiable options include scan mode (flatbed or document feeder), kind (text, etc.), resolution, original size, orientation, destination folder, document name, image correction schemes, descreen option (as applicable), etc.

Good luck!

Tutor
gbriceno
Message 6 of 7 (1,858 Views)

Once again HP fails to follow through in supportting the user community.  The HP C309a printer does provide duplex scanning capabilities, however you need to iniitate it from the SW running on a machine running the HP solution center.  Seems like you can't initiate a duplex scan from the printer directly.

The link below discuss the issues that are discussed here. 

https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/login.do?hpappid=HPCSF&TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-000012ff-2483-1913-9...

Honor Student
hugel
Message 7 of 7 (1,528 Views)

It pains me as an HP employee to see such a slow (or no) response to something that's so obvious and important.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation