09-10-2009 07:21 AM
Ive just got the HP PHOTOSMART C309a.
Its a great machine, however im not sure if it allows you to perform a duplex scan from the machine (walk up duplex scan to usb)
Also, from the machine it only allows you to scan to jpg. does it do a scan to pdf as well?? (USB SCAN TO PDB)
12-06-2010 03:38 PM
Surprisingly, this message is one year old and no solution was found yet.
I have the exact same concern. I've been looking around on google, HP support and other places to find a way to do what the OP wants (which is what I want to).
I can scan to PDF using the hp solution center on the computer. I can also scan directly to a USB stick from the printer and it will save the scan as a jpg image file. But what I need is to be able to scan from the printer and have the file saved as a PDF.
So far it seems that's not possible.
01-12-2011 08:28 PM
Well I to have the same problem. My c309a only scans to the USB as .jpg. even from the document feeder. Is there a solution to this. I see I am not the only one having the problem
02-02-2012 09:25 AM
I cannot speak for a WINTEL platform, but on a Mac (I'm on OSX 10.7.3), the scan dialog allows for the user to set FORMAT (to PDF) and there is a checkbox for "Duplex" scanning (which means two sided). Also, other user spedifiable options include scan mode (flatbed or document feeder), kind (text, etc.), resolution, original size, orientation, destination folder, document name, image correction schemes, descreen option (as applicable), etc.
02-26-2012 03:44 PM
Once again HP fails to follow through in supportting the user community. The HP C309a printer does provide duplex scanning capabilities, however you need to iniitate it from the SW running on a machine running the HP solution center. Seems like you can't initiate a duplex scan from the printer directly.
The link below discuss the issues that are discussed here.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers