Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a wireless C310 hp photosmart premium printer and suddenly it will no longer scan from the panel, the message says 'try scanning from the computer' but I cannot do this either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Wints

Re-installing the printer should work in this case, but in the future give the HP Scan Diangostic Utility a try first. Recently the same error came up on my C310a and the Scan Utility fixed it no problem. You can find the tool below.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

hi my printer comes up with scan problem try startin fron computer what does this mean and how do i go about fixing problem.

Regards

Wendy

HP Recommended

I rang my computor guy and he told me to re load the cd that came with the printer.

I did this but it told me it was already installed, so I uninstalled it and re-installed it and turned the computer off and on and it worked.

I can now scan as before!

Give it a try.

Wints

HP Recommended

Hello Wints

Re-installing the printer should work in this case, but in the future give the HP Scan Diangostic Utility a try first. Recently the same error came up on my C310a and the Scan Utility fixed it no problem. You can find the tool below.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended
Thank you so much! That was the easiest fix I've had to do in a long time!
HP Recommended

Hello, I saw your post below which looks useful. I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I can't find a printer sca doctor for Mac OSX systems only Windows, can you help?

HP Recommended
Hello JENIK1973

There is no Print and Scan Doctor for Mac OSX, however, I would still like to help resolve your problem. What version of Mac OSX are you running? Also, what is the exact error you are receiving when you try to scan? Are you scanning from the printer panel or from the HP software?

HP Recommended

While trying to scan a 10 page document, my C310 printer tries to scan each page 4 or 5 times. While doing this it only captures a portion of the document and won't scan each page in it's entirety. 

Will someone please help if there are any updates that I can run? I'm on a new OS X operating system (10.8.2). 

Please help. 

Thank you, 

Jay 

HP Recommended

Hello Wints, do you have a link for the  scan utility doctor compatible for Mac OS x 10.7.5., the download link is for Windows. I cannot find anything.  Jenny

HP Recommended

Hello Jay

Are you using the document feeder or the flat bed? What portion of the scan is missing (the top, bottom, etc.)?

Hello Jenny

There is no Scan Utility for Mac OSX. Can you scan without the HP software? See the article below for steps on scanning without HP software and let me know what happens.

How to Scan: OS X v10.7

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.