08-06-2011 11:49 AM
I recently purchased the HP Photosmart Pemium all-in-one printer. I get the following message when I try to scan... "Try starting scan from computer. Refer to documentation for details."
Not sure what "documentation" this message is referring to.
08-06-2011 12:14 PM - last edited on 06-02-2015 05:52 PM by Omar-E
The manual discusses scanning from the scanner bed to the computer.
Have you tried manually scanning from the HP Photosmart Software Suite?
Important: Before you use the scan button on your printer, use HP Solution Center to create the settings for that button . For example, you need to decide whether you want a settings prompt screen and a scan preview. Also, you must create the list of "shortcuts" that you want to display on the front panel of the printer.
HP Multifunction Printers - How to Scan: Windows 8 http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03511921
HP Multifunction Printers - How to Scan: Windows 7 http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03476857
HP Multifunction Printers - How to Scan: Windows Vista http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03517146
Scan from Windows XP With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03517150
HP LaserJet Multifunction Printers - How to Scan: Windows 8 http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03755019
Scan from Windows 7 With the Full Feature HP Software for HP LaserJet Multifunction Printers http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03584750
HP LaserJet Multifunction Printers - How to Scan: Windows Vista http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03584647
HP LaserJet Multifunction Printers - How to Scan: Windows XP http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03584350
To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. You can render both Solution and KUDO..
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t E8400,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Both Customs use Rosewill Blackhawk case.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers