04-13-2010 10:03 AM
My new C4780 prints fine, but I can not get it to scan or copy. I am using 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) on my computer. Originally, I installed the CD that came with the computer. After reading some of the postings, I uninstalled the HP software. When I attempt to scan using Preview or Image Capture, I get the same message, "Failed to open a session on the device." The screen on my scanner then reads, "Scan failure - Unable to copy or scan."
When I attempt to simply copy an item on my machine, I get the same message, "Scan failure - Unable to copy or scan."
Can someone help>
04-20-2010 11:51 AM
since it's happening by itself, check out this list of things to try (here)
I've heard that step four can often help.
Once it copies without the Mac connection, it may very well work with the build-in scan support in 10.6 (preview/image capture, as you noted...)
Hope this helps.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers