04-13-2010 10:03 AM
My new C4780 prints fine, but I can not get it to scan or copy. I am using 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) on my computer. Originally, I installed the CD that came with the computer. After reading some of the postings, I uninstalled the HP software. When I attempt to scan using Preview or Image Capture, I get the same message, "Failed to open a session on the device." The screen on my scanner then reads, "Scan failure - Unable to copy or scan."
When I attempt to simply copy an item on my machine, I get the same message, "Scan failure - Unable to copy or scan."
Can someone help>
04-20-2010 11:51 AM
since it's happening by itself, check out this list of things to try (here)
I've heard that step four can often help.
Once it copies without the Mac connection, it may very well work with the build-in scan support in 10.6 (preview/image capture, as you noted...)
Hope this helps.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax