Question

Tutor
EdHoover
Message 1 of 12 (12,524 Views)
Accepted Solution

C5580 - Scan Problems - How do I scan?

When I press the Scan button on my all-in-one, it says: "Scan Problem: Try starting scan from computer. Refer to documentation for details."

But how do I scan from my computer? I open the HP Solution Center, and the only option forme is "Print Photos" or "Share Photos."

This article tells me to go to the "Scan Settings" in the HP Solution Center. I have no "Scan Settings" in HP Solution Center. If I click on Settings, I get Print Settings and Other Settings (which are like internet connection settings)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01391654&lc=en&dlc=&cc=us〈=&rule=19938&product=...

I'm on Vista Home Premium and I connect to my C5580 via Bluetooth. I can print just fine. Just can't scan to the computer. I can, however, scan to an SD card.

Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 12 (12,517 Views)

Re: C5580 - Scan Problems - How do I scan?

Are you using any other HP product on this PC, ex. an HP Camera?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
EdHoover
Message 3 of 12 (12,513 Views)

No cameras, but I do have an HP external monitor that works. And the PC itself is an HP (a Pavilion dv5).
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 12 (12,510 Views)

When you open Solution Center, do you see the full name of the printer at the top of it?
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
EdHoover
Message 5 of 12 (12,508 Views)

Yes, it reads "HP Photosmart C5500 series BT".

It also says Your HP Photosmart C5500 series BT is ready.

Start an activity

Print Photos               Share Photos

Launch other HP softwre (photosmart essential, smart web printing tour, photosmart essential tour and PC Total Care Advisor

There's a search box, and the estimated ink levels thing.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 12 (12,524 Views)

Seems like you have connected the printer using Bluetooth.Bluetooth connectivity is only for printing, and scanning will not work. You'll need to connect the printer by the USB cable to scan correctly.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
EdHoover
Message 7 of 12 (12,470 Views)

Dexter - thank you! I had a feeling it would be something simple. Yet, a week with HP customer care and no one thought to tell me that. Nor does the documentation that comes with the printer.

Kind of odd that you're so limited on Bluetooth, especially when the device doesn't even come with a USB cable!

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 8 of 12 (12,421 Views)

The printer doesnt ship with a USB cable as the buyer is meant to purchase a USB cable of their preferrable length.

as for bluetooth, it is a slightly slower wireless connectivity, and this slow speed is not enough for scanning, and only good enough for printing. I always say that bluetooth conn. is not the best form of connection between the printer and the PC. USB is the best connection type in your case.

I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
blackbm
Message 9 of 12 (8,377 Views)

Having the same problems but get lost when you talk about the Solution Center.  Where do i find that?

Student
Rance
Message 10 of 12 (5,819 Views)

[ Edited ]

What a friggin joke.  I just signed up to respond to this.  The sign in process for this forum is ridiculous.  It's a {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion} forum, it's not a bank account. 

"Where is the solution center?" 
Awesome question! 

One I cannot answer. It pops up when your printer doesn't do what it's suppose to do. Other than that, I can't find any exe file that says "Solution Center".

A bunch of crap installed in the HP "All in one" driver. 

Here's a simple question.  In which one of the useless BS installed programs, is the one that has the button that says, "SCAN"?

WHICH ONE?  Is it hidden somewhere in the HP GAMES PACKAGE?  It's a printer. What {Content Removed} do we want with a "game package"?

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE **bleep** PROGRAM FOR SCANNING SOMETHING? 

Simple question... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation