C6280 Printer scan menu does not include computer destination (10293 Views)
Student
Mortalis
Message 1 of 10 (10,293 Views)

C6280 Printer scan menu does not include computer destination

My father has a C6280 printer/copier/scanner. When the SCAN button is pressed and the menu asks for what to do with the scan, the save to computer option is not available. The only options available are print and memory card.

I had this same issue with the exact same model in my office at work but cannot recall how I resolved it. I know I chatted with an HP tech person but the steps for resolution are forgotten to me. I am asking this question for my father because he is not familiar with the jargon used to describe or explain the issue.

I believe the resolution involved uninstalling the software and then performing a search for some HP specific files to delete. We tried uninstalling the software last night and then reinstalling but the issue is not resolved. I cannot remember which HP files I had to search for to delete before reinstalling the software

Any help is much appreciated.

Honor Student
rocksolid68
Message 2 of 10 (10,118 Views)

Re: C6280 Printer scan menu does not include computer destination

I'm having the same problem. My printer was working until the last few days. I scanned several pictures about a week and a half ago. No changes since then to the computer. Previously when I started the PC I would get the message that the printer was 'now available'. I don't get that any longer. I tried. unplugging the printer from its power source. When I did that I got the message that new hardware had been found. I was hopeful that would be the ticket, but still when I push the scan menu button the only options I get are 'scan and reprint' and 'scan to memory card'.
Honor Student
rocksolid68
Message 3 of 10 (10,115 Views)

This fixed mine, at least for the time being.

I went thru some menus here on the support site. On the support & drivers screen I nosed around and thought perhaps I should uninstall and re-install. That pointed  me to "all programs / hp (solution center)". When I started that I got a window that offered four options: Scan picture, scan document, transfer images or make copies. I clicked scan picture. Another pop up window displayed, the message hp scanning was presented, and shortly the picture was scanned.

After that was done the menu on the printer offered "scan to file" as well as Word, Paint, Power Point and HP Photosmart Essential 2.

Top Student
Lisa_NJ
Message 4 of 10 (9,936 Views)

Took a long time, but I finally found an answer

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01585217&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Changing the 'Scan to...' settings in HP Solution Center
  1. Open HP Solution Center, if it is not already open:
    • Windows XP or 2000: Click Start , click All Programs , point to HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
    • Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon , click All Programs , point to HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
    HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
  2. In HP Solution Center, click Settings , and then click Scan to...Setup . The Front Panel Destination List Setup window opens.
  3. From the Available Scan Destination list, click the program you want to be the scanning destination, and then click the Add button . The program moves to the Front Panel Destination list.
      NOTE: You can also move the program to the top of the Front Panel Destination to scan to that destination automatically.
  4. If you do not want to change any other settings, click OK to close the Front Panel Destination List Setup window.
Student
TomFitz
Message 5 of 10 (6,275 Views)

Are there drivers to permit scanning to my desktop

Student
goldbrick-3
Message 6 of 10 (6,226 Views)

How do I scan to file onC6280 ?Need a reply which was not forth coming when it was asked before.Iknow I can scan to a card then to file from the card.There must be software or easier way to do it.Help!!!!!

Student
lchaim12
Message 7 of 10 (5,494 Views)

I had the same problem where the scan to file just vanished. I scanned by going into my programs, HP solution and scan. After I scanned my pic, the pic to file menu on the printer returned. Try that.

Student
219robbie
Message 8 of 10 (3,361 Views)

How does one correct this problem. Thanks in advance for the advice

Student
gbro
Message 9 of 10 (3,229 Views)

I want to scan documents on my C6280 printer and send this scan to my computer, but the printer menu only shows "scan to memory card".

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 10 of 10 (3,216 Views)

Download and install the newest full featured software and drivers from the HP web site here. Now try. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3194498&
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the left in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation