02-04-2009 04:54 PM
My father has a C6280 printer/copier/scanner. When the SCAN button is pressed and the menu asks for what to do with the scan, the save to computer option is not available. The only options available are print and memory card.
I had this same issue with the exact same model in my office at work but cannot recall how I resolved it. I know I chatted with an HP tech person but the steps for resolution are forgotten to me. I am asking this question for my father because he is not familiar with the jargon used to describe or explain the issue.
I believe the resolution involved uninstalling the software and then performing a search for some HP specific files to delete. We tried uninstalling the software last night and then reinstalling but the issue is not resolved. I cannot remember which HP files I had to search for to delete before reinstalling the software
Any help is much appreciated.
03-25-2009 07:41 PM
03-25-2009 07:54 PM
This fixed mine, at least for the time being.
I went thru some menus here on the support site. On the support & drivers screen I nosed around and thought perhaps I should uninstall and re-install. That pointed me to "all programs / hp (solution center)". When I started that I got a window that offered four options: Scan picture, scan document, transfer images or make copies. I clicked scan picture. Another pop up window displayed, the message hp scanning was presented, and shortly the picture was scanned.
After that was done the menu on the printer offered "scan to file" as well as Word, Paint, Power Point and HP Photosmart Essential 2.
04-07-2009 11:57 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 09:50 AM by OscarFuentes
Took a long time, but I finally found an answer
- Open HP Solution Center, if it is not already open:
HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
- Windows XP or 2000: Click Start , click All Programs , point to HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon , click All Programs , point to HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
- In HP Solution Center, click Settings , and then click Scan to...Setup . The Front Panel Destination List Setup window opens.
- From the Available Scan Destination list, click the program you want to be the scanning destination, and then click the Add button . The program moves to the Front Panel Destination list.NOTE: You can also move the program to the top of the Front Panel Destination to scan to that destination automatically.
- If you do not want to change any other settings, click OK to close the Front Panel Destination List Setup window.
08-24-2011 11:11 PM
How do I scan to file onC6280 ?Need a reply which was not forth coming when it was asked before.Iknow I can scan to a card then to file from the card.There must be software or easier way to do it.Help!!!!!
11-29-2011 03:43 PM
I had the same problem where the scan to file just vanished. I scanned by going into my programs, HP solution and scan. After I scanned my pic, the pic to file menu on the printer returned. Try that.
02-23-2013 09:18 PM
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 96.3% chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax