Question

Honor Student
ericpena
Message 1 of 4 (1,245 Views)

C7280 Printer - Fine Black Lines When Scanning

:smileysad: When I scan or use the feeder for copying on my C7280 All-In-One printer, both the scanned images and copies have fine black lines running the length of the paper.  The location of the lines is consistent from copy to copy. 

:smileyhappy: Copies/scans from the glass are perfect. 

Is this a resolvable problem? 

Master's Graduate
Hubbs
Message 2 of 4 (1,241 Views)

Re: C7280 Printer - Fine Black Lines When Scanning

Hi ericpena,

Try following Solution two: Step two: Clean the automatic document feeder (ADF) in the following document: 

Vertical Bands, Lines, or Streaks in Copies, Faxes, or Scans

This will be your best option for resolving the issue. Since the issue doesn't occur when scanning from the glass, it is likely that the ADF glass is dirty and just needs to be cleaned.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
ericpena
Message 3 of 4 (1,238 Views)

Hubbs wrote:

Hi ericpena,

Try following Solution two: Step two: Clean the automatic document feeder (ADF) in the following document: 

Vertical Bands, Lines, or Streaks in Copies, Faxes, or Scans

This will be your best option for resolving the issue. Since the issue doesn't occur when scanning from the glass, it is likely that the ADF glass is dirty and just needs to be cleaned.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Hubbs,

Thank you for the tip.  But, unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem.  :smileysad:

After cleaning the unit, a blank sheet of paper still has four lines running its length. 

The 1st (left) line is extremely narrow (hairline) and 3" from the right edge;

the 2nd and 3rd lines run parallel to the first line and are extremely close together, slightly bolder, separated by only one narrow line width, and are about 2-7/16" from the right edge;

the 4th line is narrow (hairline) again, a bit lighter than the first line, and runs 2-3/16" from the edge, fading to nothing about 2/3 the way down the page. :smileyindifferent: 

Otherwise, the sheet is perfectly clean. 

Eric

Master's Graduate
Hubbs
Message 4 of 4 (1,228 Views)

Hi ericpena,

If cleaning the ADF glass didn't resolve the issue, then the ADF glass is likely damaged and the only resolution would be to service the product. At this point, depending on your warranty status, you can either call support to have the product serviced, or you can work around the failed ADF by using the flatbed only.

Sorry that I was unable to help you resolve your ADF issue, however I believe we have narrowed it down as far as we can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation