Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw colour
macOS 10.12 Sierra

After 4 years, my LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw has suddenly started scanning solid black on both my Mac tower and MacBook Pro! I can still colour print normally (verified by a test print).

When attempting scaning the scan head moves as normal. I have updated to the latest firmware (at lest what I think is the latest firmware) via the HP site. I have attached the images below in the hope someone will recognize the problem and can help...

Scan1.jpeg      Scan2.jpeg

Scan1 - A4 colour scan             Scan2 - A4 colour scan

75dpi of red envelope               75dpi of red envelope

with scanner lid down               with scanner lid up

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Shane69

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting are scan quality issues. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Open the scanner glass, initiate the scan and check if the scanner light is lit up and moving across the scanner glass.

Meanwhile:

• Clean the scanner.
  • Change the scan settings.
  • Reset the printer.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20,

Thanks for your guidenece. I've dome as you aked and there is no scanner ight lit up on the scanner head. The only light showing is a small red light on the underside of the scanner head.

How do I proceed?

Cheers,

Shane.

HP Recommended

@Shane69

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for assistance.

If you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.