Question

Honor Student
Harmony14
Message 1 of 8 (1,816 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g do 2 sided copy or scan on adf?

I just want to know if  HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g can do 2 sided copy or scan on adf?

Thank you.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 8 (1,813 Views)

Re: Can HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g do 2 sided copy or scan on adf?

Hi,

Based on this, it can:

Enhance office productivity with this all-in-one performer that delivers vivid color prints and borderless marketing
materials. You can rely on professional color documents for up to 50 percent lower cost per page compared
with lasers.1 Tap the easy-to-navigate touchscreen to access apps and print from the web without a PC2—or
print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.3 Boost efficiency in your busy office with Ethernet and wireless
connectivity,4 automatic two-sided printing, a 50-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF), and scanning glass up
to legal-size.5

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
Pushkarpathania
Message 3 of 8 (1,810 Views)

Re: Can HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g do 2 sided copy or scan on adf?

[ Edited ]

NO. You cannot make a copy automatically on two sides of a page on ADF.
It’s only possible from the flat bed that too in case you have an accessory named duplexer installed on your printer.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star. If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star. If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Honor Student
Harmony14
Message 4 of 8 (1,804 Views)

Thank you for the reply..

is the hp officejet pro 8600 premium capable of doing 2 sided copy or scan on adf?

Provost
banhien
Message 5 of 8 (1,796 Views)

Hi,

Did you read the above text ? The link shows the PDF file too.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 6 of 8 (1,787 Views)

Hi,

Both the 8600 Plus and 8600 Premium provide Duplex ADF and Duplex printing capabilities.

The specific models can print two sided and copy a two-sided original as well.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
withfries2
Message 7 of 8 (1,453 Views)

Let me try a more specific question: does the printer support scanning both sides of a document using the ADF? I can't figure out how to get the printer to scan both sides.

It seems to scan one side at a time just fine. Is there a setting in HP Scan (or something else) that tells the printer to scan both sides of the page?

Student
bradnh
Message 8 of 8 (962 Views)

Hello- I came here looking for the answer to this exact question. I STILL don't know the answer definitively, but I THINK that the following is true. 

As far as I can tell, the answer to your question is that the HP Officejet Pro 8600 can NOT scan both sides of two-sided original documents on the ADF.  I believe that the HP Officejet Pro 8600 PLUS CAN do this. I don't own the 8600 Plus, so I can't tell you HOW it would do this. I'm bummed that the OfficeJet Pro 8600 cannot do this. I mistakenly assumed that the fact that it has automatic duplexer PRINTING function meant that it could also "duplex" scan both sides of a document, but that does not seeem to be the case. 

If anyone has evidence to the contrary, I'd LOVE to hear it, because the lack of two-sided scanning effectively means there's no quick way to do it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation