04-23-2011 08:29 AM
I have a C309a All In One. Can it be set-up to send and recieve faxes using my cell phones bluetooth. I am able to connect to the printer now with my cell phone and send it pictures I have taken. But in the set up for the C309a I can not see how to set it up to use my cell. Right now I use my land line. Will I need to invest into a different HP printer or cell phone? Thanks
04-23-2011 08:52 AM
07-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Device Model: 9000 (Bold)
Carrier: T-Mobile (US)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Is there a way to accomplish this without a fax to mail company in the middle?
I need to send/receive faxes only about 4 times per year.
T-mobile had a FAX to email service: Tmobile FAX-to-E-mail. I am not sure if it is still available.
An advantage of having the FAX-to-Email service is that you can throw away your dedicated FAX machine and FAX land-line phone number. You can also send and receive from and to anywhere in the world without expensive send charges (including when you are not in the office.)
Do a web search on 'free FAX-to-Email'
There are some companies that allow you to send a FAX with an advertisement in the headers.
To receive 'FAX' it is better to have your correspondent send you an email with an attachment (such as pdf or jpg). Most 3-in-one printers have the scan to E-mail function built-in).
On a mobile phone
The problem with sending a FAX from a mobile device is that the available format files to 'send' are not the same as those the FAX machine can 'read'. The FAX-to-Email servers make the conversion for you.
On a PC with modem
On a PC, the conversion programs are built-in with a file to FAX program using the PC's modem.
I can not recommend them but these are some possibilities for service and advise:
Free Online Fax Service from eFax
K7 Unified Messaging, free Fax and voicemail to email.
Free Fax Services @ Free Email Guide
Free Fax • Free Internet Faxing
Fax to Email and Email to Fax Service Reviews
Free services that convert Email to Fax Messages
David Berger's Fax Email Guide • Email Fax Reviews
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers