Question

Honor Student
nfountai
Message 1 of 2 (1,696 Views)

Can I fax using my cell phone with HP C309a

I have a C309a All In One. Can it be set-up to send and recieve faxes using my cell phones bluetooth. I am able to connect to the printer now with my cell phone and send it pictures I have taken. But in the set up for the C309a I can not see how to set it up to use my cell. Right now I use my land line. Will I need to invest into a different HP printer or cell phone? Thanks

Grad Student
Gator6x4
Message 2 of 2 (1,691 Views)

Re: Can I fax using my cell phone with HP C309a

http://communication.howstuffworks.com/fax-machine6.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_4495476_send-fax-cell-phone.html

07-31-2010, 04:23 PM

mandony

CrackBerry Genius

Device Model: 9000 (Bold)

Carrier: T-Mobile (US)

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibuz

Is there a way to accomplish this without a fax to mail company in the middle?
I need to send/receive faxes only about 4 times per year.
Thanks!

T-mobile had a FAX to email service: Tmobile FAX-to-E-mail. I am not sure if it is still available.

An advantage of having the FAX-to-Email service is that you can throw away your dedicated FAX machine and FAX land-line phone number. You can also send and receive from and to anywhere in the world without expensive send charges (including when you are not in the office.)

Do a web search on 'free FAX-to-Email'

There are some companies that allow you to send a FAX with an advertisement in the headers.
To receive 'FAX' it is better to have your correspondent send you an email with an attachment (such as pdf or jpg). Most 3-in-one printers have the scan to E-mail function built-in).

On a mobile phone
The problem with sending a FAX from a mobile device is that the available format files to 'send' are not the same as those the FAX machine can 'read'. The FAX-to-Email servers make the conversion for you.

On a PC with modem
On a PC, the conversion programs are built-in with a file to FAX program using the PC's modem.

I can not recommend them but these are some possibilities for service and advise:

Free Online Fax Service from eFax
K7 Unified Messaging, free Fax and voicemail to email.
Free Fax Services @ Free Email Guide
Free Fax • Free Internet Faxing
Fax to Email and Email to Fax Service Reviews
Free services that convert Email to Fax Messages
David Berger's Fax Email Guide • Email Fax Reviews

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation