Question

Honor Student
wornways
Message 1 of 2 (1,277 Views)

Can I send a fax using the Fax - HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z driver?

[ Edited ]

I just installed the all in one driver OJ6500_E710n-z_231 for my new OfficeJet 6500A Plus printer. When the driver installation was finished, I noticed two drivers instead of just one:

1. HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)
  2. Fax - HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)

I can print using the first driver, no problem. The second driver leaves me with the impression that I should be able to send a fax straight from my computer by using it as "the printer". Am I  understanding this correctly?

However, when I tried, I was informed after a long pause that the printer is not set up to do this. I checked the documentation, the printer's menus, and the internet, but I cannot find any information on how to setup the printer to let me send faxes directly from my computer.

Can anyone enlighten me?

For the record, I have already run the FAX setup wizard and confirmed that I can send and recieve faxes using the fax scanner. Now I want to know if I can use that FAX .. driver that was installed to send faxes through the printer straight from my computer.

Student
virginiasent
Message 2 of 2 (1,114 Views)

Re: Can I send a fax using the Fax - HP Officejet 6500 wireless?

How do I send a fax to europe.  The number has + sign and - sign, not on my copier.    

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation