03-25-2011 09:25 PM - edited 03-25-2011 09:37 PM
I just installed the all in one driver OJ6500_E710n-z_231 for my new OfficeJet 6500A Plus printer. When the driver installation was finished, I noticed two drivers instead of just one:
- HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)
- Fax - HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)
I can print using the first driver, no problem. The second driver leaves me with the impression that I should be able to send a fax straight from my computer by using it as "the printer". Am I understanding this correctly?
However, when I tried, I was informed after a long pause that the printer is not set up to do this. I checked the documentation, the printer's menus, and the internet, but I cannot find any information on how to setup the printer to let me send faxes directly from my computer.
Can anyone enlighten me?
For the record, I have already run the FAX setup wizard and confirmed that I can send and recieve faxes using the fax scanner. Now I want to know if I can use that FAX .. driver that was installed to send faxes through the printer straight from my computer.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers