03-25-2011 09:25 PM - edited 03-25-2011 09:37 PM
I just installed the all in one driver OJ6500_E710n-z_231 for my new OfficeJet 6500A Plus printer. When the driver installation was finished, I noticed two drivers instead of just one:
- HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)
- Fax - HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)
I can print using the first driver, no problem. The second driver leaves me with the impression that I should be able to send a fax straight from my computer by using it as "the printer". Am I understanding this correctly?
However, when I tried, I was informed after a long pause that the printer is not set up to do this. I checked the documentation, the printer's menus, and the internet, but I cannot find any information on how to setup the printer to let me send faxes directly from my computer.
Can anyone enlighten me?
For the record, I have already run the FAX setup wizard and confirmed that I can send and recieve faxes using the fax scanner. Now I want to know if I can use that FAX .. driver that was installed to send faxes through the printer straight from my computer.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax