Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have fought this for a month and no scan.msi.

But i did install the new software and still didnt work, so I installed it again it deleted the files  and installed.

Guess what  it works now it is a totally different screen and no mention of scan.msi. I have no idea how it worked but sure glad it does.

HP Recommended

There must be hundreds of folders in the temp file and couldn't find any that began with 7Z.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

What new software?  I'll try anything...Thanks

HP Recommended

My son gave me the HP 4400 printer and his HP Pavillion. Can't find the instructions on how to scan to computer.  It seems the more I read on computers, the less I understand.  At 78 it's hard to learn new things.

HP Recommended

When I log in to windows the machine is looking for a Scan.msi file, but I don't have one.  I recently had a crash, and I may have made a mistake restarting and adjusting my desktop.

jfcolt

HP Recommended

I found the 7z folder but it only contains 3 folders Device Manager, Help and Strings

HP Recommended

Did that and there is no scan.msi in the folder....did a search and got this from the search:

c:\documents and settings\gil meyer\\local settings\temp\7z57A7E\OJ65OOVE709_FULL14\SETUP\Scan

(These are all zipped files)

HP Recommended

Plese send by web 

gil meyer\\local settings\temp\7z57A7E\OJ65OOVE709_FULL14\SETUP\Scan File to oparate the scanjet 200

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.