Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M277n
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have just bought a LaserJet M277n and connected to my home network.

I can print from my MacBook. I can copy from the printer.

I can't scan.

I have downloaded the HP EasyScan software but that doesn't work either.

For the Mac Image Capture software and the HP EasyScan the programs will open and they will see

the scanner but nothing else.

If I select 'Overview' from Image Capture the scanner makes a noise and the light goes from one end to

the other but no overview appears. There is just a dark grey area where the overview usuall appears.

If I select 'scan' the little wheel goes round beside the Printer name on the left but nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Skoot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Skoot,

The link above refers to the firmware, not to the software, those are not the same things...

From the Setup Menu select Reports, then Config Report.

Within the product information section, what is the listed firmware datecode?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Skoot,

To deny any possible unrelated problem, try making a copy from the printer screen and ensure it work as expected.

Once verifyig it, assuming it works, ensure you have the latest firmware and check for any change:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-Color-LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M277-series/7089...

Now try scanning and check for any difference.

Please let me know of any change,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can copy from the printer screen and I have already downloaded the latest software.

Skoot

HP Recommended

Hi Skoot,

The link above refers to the firmware, not to the software, those are not the same things...

From the Setup Menu select Reports, then Config Report.

Within the product information section, what is the listed firmware datecode?

HP Recommended

Thanks again Shlomi.

I checked the firmware and it's not the latest.

I downloaded the latest firmware but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I double click on the dmg file and I get a small window appearing, briefly, then

nothing else.

I checked the printer again but the firmware wasn't updated.

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for the advice.

I couldn't update the firmware through my Mac but I did it via the control panel

on the printer.

It's scanning fine now.

Skoot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.