Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an hp deskjet f2180 printer/scanner but cannot work out how to can a document. I use Windows 7. Pressing devices and printers only shows printing options but no button to click for scanning. Pressing the open lid button on the machine itself also does not generate a scan. Can anyone help please?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hope you are doing well and welcome to the HP forums;

For the main support page for your printer Go here 

On this article it will detail how to scan from this printer GO HERE

Let me know if I can be of more help and I will do my best to help you.

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

Man LOL And remember ↓

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

how do i scan with hp deskjet f2180?

HP Recommended

@deosxyribosen, sorry that you are having trouble trying to scan. 

Here is a link that you can follow that will teach you how to scan. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=65244&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc...

Hope this helps, thanks. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

@deosxyribosen, did you get this resolved?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended
How do scan in documents to my pc please?
HP Recommended

How can I scan a doc on HP F2180 using windows7.

HP Recommended

hp 2180

HP Recommended

@JinnyK wrote:

I have an hp deskjet f2180 printer/scanner but cannot work out how to can a document. I use Windows 7. Pressing devices and printers only shows printing options but no button to click for scanning. Pressing the open lid button on the machine itself also does not generate a scan. Can anyone help please?

sod it going over to pc world and going to buy a unit that a can work 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.