Question

Student
elfina5
Message 1 of 7 (11,681 Views)

Cannot connect with scanner

HI there,

We have a HP Laserjet M1120 MFP.

I am having trouble with the scanner.

It scans to preview, but then when I want to continue to saving the scan I get a message that says "Cannot connect with scanner".

I don't understand this, because the pc was able to connect with the scanner when scanning to preview, so why doesn't it want to do the actual scan?

I've allready installed the latest drivers. I don't know what else to do...

Thanking you for any help provided

Teacher
scandroid
Message 2 of 7 (11,654 Views)

Re: Cannot connect with scanner

efina5,

Is your printer connected via usb or ethernet?

I work for HP, but these words are mine alone.
Teacher
scandroid
Message 3 of 7 (11,587 Views)

elfina5,

Incase you have a chance to reply to this message. Could you answer the following questions to help with diagnosing the problem.

1.       Is your printer connect via USB or ethernet?

2.       What OS are you using?

3.       Does this problem happen everytime or only occassionally?

4.       What does the LCD display when this problem occurs?

5.       Can you provide the TWAIN settings you are using within HP scan app? (image-type, resolution, etc.)

6.       Does this same problem occure if you use WIA (scan with ms-paint, or camera and scanner wizard)?

Thanks.

I work for HP, but these words are mine alone.
Student
Rapula
Message 4 of 7 (11,489 Views)

Hi, Can you please assist, I installed a new HP M1120 MFP with the driver supplied on my Acer Aspire computer with AMD Sempron and Vista basic (updated regularly - check for updates daily). The HP connects with USB cable to computer. Every thing worked. printing, Scanning and Copy for three months. Suddenly I get a message when I try to scan: Cannot communicate with Scanner: Cable may be disconnect or scanner may be turned off. Scanner driver will be closed. The error code 5,155,55 is given. I uninstalled the software and and reinstalled it without positive results. I tried other usb ports and cable. I reset settings to default settings. What else stand me to do. Please Help. Regards Rapula
Student
essentuki
Message 5 of 7 (11,262 Views)

I have the EXACT problem with my new Canon MP250.

It appears that the thread has died, anyone out there know how to fix this error; PLEASE.

Student
Brighde
Message 6 of 7 (11,148 Views)

I just found this thread because my mother was having the same issue with her scanner. I ended up unplugging everything and, in the process, discovered that she had crammed the printer-to-USB cord into the printer upside down. As soon as I fixed that, it worked just fine. I hope it works for anyone else frustrated with the same error. :smileyhappy:

Grad Student
Gordon2
Message 7 of 7 (11,006 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation