01-29-2010 12:12 AM
We have a HP Laserjet M1120 MFP.
I am having trouble with the scanner.
It scans to preview, but then when I want to continue to saving the scan I get a message that says "Cannot connect with scanner".
I don't understand this, because the pc was able to connect with the scanner when scanning to preview, so why doesn't it want to do the actual scan?
I've allready installed the latest drivers. I don't know what else to do...
Thanking you for any help provided
02-01-2010 08:26 AM
Incase you have a chance to reply to this message. Could you answer the following questions to help with diagnosing the problem.
1. Is your printer connect via USB or ethernet?
2. What OS are you using?
3. Does this problem happen everytime or only occassionally?
4. What does the LCD display when this problem occurs?
5. Can you provide the TWAIN settings you are using within HP scan app? (image-type, resolution, etc.)
6. Does this same problem occure if you use WIA (scan with ms-paint, or camera and scanner wizard)?
02-18-2010 12:43 PM
05-05-2010 12:25 PM
I just found this thread because my mother was having the same issue with her scanner. I ended up unplugging everything and, in the process, discovered that she had crammed the printer-to-USB cord into the printer upside down. As soon as I fixed that, it worked just fine. I hope it works for anyone else frustrated with the same error.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers