01-29-2010 12:12 AM
We have a HP Laserjet M1120 MFP.
I am having trouble with the scanner.
It scans to preview, but then when I want to continue to saving the scan I get a message that says "Cannot connect with scanner".
I don't understand this, because the pc was able to connect with the scanner when scanning to preview, so why doesn't it want to do the actual scan?
I've allready installed the latest drivers. I don't know what else to do...
Thanking you for any help provided
02-01-2010 08:26 AM
Incase you have a chance to reply to this message. Could you answer the following questions to help with diagnosing the problem.
1. Is your printer connect via USB or ethernet?
2. What OS are you using?
3. Does this problem happen everytime or only occassionally?
4. What does the LCD display when this problem occurs?
5. Can you provide the TWAIN settings you are using within HP scan app? (image-type, resolution, etc.)
6. Does this same problem occure if you use WIA (scan with ms-paint, or camera and scanner wizard)?
02-18-2010 12:43 PM
05-05-2010 12:25 PM
I just found this thread because my mother was having the same issue with her scanner. I ended up unplugging everything and, in the process, discovered that she had crammed the printer-to-USB cord into the printer upside down. As soon as I fixed that, it worked just fine. I hope it works for anyone else frustrated with the same error.
06-09-2015 05:26 AM
The problem seems to be linked to the IP address used for the scanner/printer. My printers IP address had changed but it was not updated in Windows. I could ping the printer but could not print t or scan from the printer.
The following fix worked for me;
1. Goto Devices & Printers in the Control Panel
2. Right click "HP LaserJet Professional M1217nfw MFP"
3. Select "Printer Properties" NOT "Properties"
4. Click on Ports
5. Add port
6. Select "Standard TCP/IP Port"
7. Obtain the IP Address of your printer from the LCD display, it displays it periodically
7. Use the IP Address of your printer as the Printer Name and the Port Name
8. Select this port for your printer
9. Save and test
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax