Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi lgor0,

Please check your private messages.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Good Day,

I seem to be suffering from a similar issue. When I scan or copy from the ADF, the ADF pulls the pages through and then fails.

When I scan, I get an error message "An error occurred while scanning" and when I copy, it scans the original then does nothing.

I have refreshed the firmware with the latest version and reset as many of the settings back to default to no avail.

HP Recommended
Yep, that's the same issue. Don't waste any time and get it serviced as soon as possible. Especially if it's still under warranty. How long ago did you buy it and how many pages did you get out of the auto feeder?
HP Recommended

I have managed to put 410 ADF scans through. Which, from what I have read, is par for the course.

HP Recommended
HP - I am so disappointed with you.
HP Recommended

Hi

Follow the steps in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02713441

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi, This is not a mispick issue. The ADF feeds the originals through fine. It just doesn't do much after that. Scan give and error and the copier function does nothing.

HP Recommended

Hi andrew_tgfza,

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for this hardware issue. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Igor,

I have exactly the same problem.  After owning the printer for about 1 year all of a sudden, the pages will feed through the ADF but won't scan.  I can still scan individual pages like you can.  Since getting the prineter, I scanned 1,155 total pages through the ADF and 524 on the flatbed, so I got an extra 500 pages more than you did :).

There is a little hairline trigger type lever in the ADF that pushes to the side when you put the paper in the ADF.  My guess is that this lever signals to the printer that there is paper in the ADF and that the scanner should be activated.  I wonder if this is where the problem might be?  Somehow the scanner is not being activated via the ADF?

It is irritating when this happens because you can literaly spend hours and hours fiddling around with it with no success.

HP Recommended
Yes - I think the fix is probably simple but expensive considering it's out of warranty and I need to ship it to the repair center. I am considering just putting my money to a new Canon multiple-function instead of trying to get this one working again. Such a shame too since I thought it would last considerably longer.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.