Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

For problems with a scanner not using the ADF when scanning to the computer see the solution I have posted here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/LaserJet-Pro-M276nw-Scanner-will-not-use-AD...

HP Recommended

Our issue was not software, it was a physical malfunction of the machine (eventually on both of them).  We have long since switched to the Brother 8510dn.  Menu-wise they are a bit more clunky, but they are built like tanks.  We have 3 of them now and have had zero issues.

Zero.  Issues.

We no longer buy HP.  Printers or otherwise.

HP Recommended

@DarcX3

I actually have HP Printers and ADF scanners (and other HP products (scopes (etc.))) that were manufactured in the 1980s and 1990s that are still fully functional.  They are extremely durable, reliable, and still in use today.  These products also had a 1 year warranty.

Unfortunately, it was after they hired Carly Fiorino that I've had problems with HP products.  It looks like I'm not the only person who noticed that HP products are failing regularly, or required a lot more maintenance (replacement parts).  All in the name of profits for a great company she basically has destroyed.

The electronics industry (which I am part of) does not make parts that are meant to be unreliable.  There are parts that are binned because they are lower quality and thus are priced lower.  I believe many of us now know that HP is purchasing the lower quality parts, but still charging us the higher price based on the HP brand, because we were still purchasing based on our experience of the higher quality HP had produced in the past.

Perception is everything.  Things may still look good profit wise for HP right now, but when they notice there's a sudden drop in return customers, it will be too late.  And that's when the company we previously know as HP will be gone completely.

It's really sad when a bunch of MBAs destroy a good engineering company.

HP Recommended

@John1728

> We no longer buy HP.  Printers or otherwise

Same here.

The "cheap" Brothers (half the price of the HPs) we deployed at small customers 3 years ago are still going strong, despite only have a 1 year warranty.  We do replace the toner and fuser units, but the ADF hasn't had a problem.

For enterprise, I've been deploying Kyocera printers and we've completely removed (newer) HP at multiple sites.

HP Recommended

@Julio_C_Franco

I checked the cable with a multi tester thinking it may be a simple fix, but it wasn't the problem.

I didn't want to spend too much time on the problem since it was more cost effective to purchase another unit.

HP Recommended

Hi... i Have the exact same problem... only weeks after warranty expired!  i tried cleaning the glass and updating the software ot no avail.  i am interested in replacing the cable, if it is now proven that this is the issue.

can any one help me please with ordering the cable and having it replaced... i would highly appreciate this.

HP... i am a very disappointed ex-customer.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I did have exactly the same problems.

It seem to be the cable or connection.

I tried erverything cleaning updating etc. but now if I push and pull the cable a bit it works.

I tested some days and until now it keeps working.

HP Recommended
It's because the cable is starting to broke internally. If You can see where it'a broken and You can cut without losing lenght enought You can fix ir by cutting and stripping one side of the ribbon cable ( the same side it's originally stripped) add some soldering and conecting again in the connector
HP Recommended

I had some time this morning and I checked my adf there are 2 sensors one is document sence and the other is registration. The registration sensor is bad. I checked it with a meter it should read 3.2 volts on red to black when in off position it reads 1.6 all the time so the copier never knows when the paper reaches the registration sensor.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, I just received notification today, dirtyharry45.

It sounds like a hardware issue, since you have tried testing the sensors.

But I have still provided a document to go through the steps to see if it will help resolve this issue, this way if you need to call in, all the troubleshooting steps can be provided that you have already taken, to hurry things along.

'Document feeder mispick' Message Displays on the Control Panel and the ADF Does Not Pick Up Paper o...

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 and inquire about a replacement printer. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Let me know the outcome.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.