Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have new ribbon cables for the 1536 and 1415 if anyone is interested
HP Recommended

Thank you for this thread.  Ive been messing with my printer trying to figure this out.  Im about to update the firmware to see if that helps but it looks like that wont fix the issue.  The funny thing is i have 2 more of the exact same model for the managers in the office and theirs works just fine its only the receptions one that is having the ADF problem.  Luckily i showed this thread to my managers and they were more sympatic after knowing i did pretty much all I could troubleshooting wise.

HP Recommended

Hi Guys!! I have a 1536 and was facing the same problem and solved it myself.. Hence i thought i will share this with the viewers of this post, so  that this fix can be tried out.. It worked for me!!

Open the ADF cover, u will see the 2 feeder rollers.. one on the front and other on the backside.. compare the rotation of both the rollers. U should be able to find one of them free to rotate and the other a bit tighter(as compared to other).. Under the rollers u will find the white colored attachment.. just press that with your finger and turn the roller to the point it is tighter(not free).. close the ADF cover.. try out scanning.. if no success.. try the same with the other roller.. thats it!

I understand, there may be people who will argue as this issue has nothing to do with roller. But it somehow worked for me.. its just a simple step.. try it out.. if successfull, let me knw... I will be happy.. For others, I am sorry!!

Just Try out!!! Good luck!

Regards,

SmrtGUY

HP Recommended

I will try the cables.

Possible to send to Germany?

Cost?

HP Recommended

hi all i also got this error on my hp lj M1218 printer on control panel it showing adf miss pickup after adf pickup paper its half jam and showing error i hve done evry thing which is possible to me

here is the solution i had replaced ADF unit & the problem resolved 

HP Recommended

Hello to all of you ADF failure suffering people!

Indeed, IT IS the ribbon cable as dbs75 postet. My cable has a crack right at the bottom of the ADF housing, just before it leaves it. I measured pin 7 has died. Playing a little bit around at that cable's crack position the ADF worked again. The main problem is to get that ribbon cable, especially with that given lenght of 18inches. I considered to change the way it goes through the printer thus it could be about 4 or 5 inches shorter and there are some cables available. Right under that exit point from the ADF it enters the main Cover of the Scanner Glas. There it takes some inches of useless way through that cover, so I consider to make a new exit right down the cover's cable entrance. Below that point it is near the mainboard and at its right plug position. I suggest to renounce the cable's strain relief, by following that way I postet here there are only few curves the cable has to take, so it could glide up and down without resistance.

I consider what's easier, exchanging the original cable (and dissamble the complete Scanner Cover) or take the way I posted here.

But the main point is: IT IS THE CABLE !

Good Luck,

Karsten

HP Recommended
Hi Karsten. You could try disassemble the scanner with cable connected to the formatted card and pull it as much as you can carefully to get a little more on the scanner side. I did it for my Cm1415 and it has been working almost a year now. All depends where your ribbon has the brokerage
HP Recommended

You dont know anything you said you are HP employee but you dont know this problem. Its better for you go on farm and eat some sweet potato..

Kudos muka mo..bobo

HP Recommended

Dbs75, do you still have cables for sale?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem..When i feed 2 or more documents in the adf, they go through the feed but will not fax or print.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.