03-19-2017 03:55 PM
Cannot get Print & Scan Doctor to fix Scanning function on my OfficeJet 8600e911. Says it has a driver error. What does this mean?
03-20-2017 12:51 PM - edited 03-20-2017 12:54 PM
Allow me to welcome you to the HP community. A very good day to you. I understand that you require assistance regarding scanning issues with your printer. Besides Print and scan doctor is not fixing it. It will be a delight to assist you.
Superb description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. . You are a valued HP customer and it is a privilege to share this platform with you.
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.
- Did you try to may a few copies directly from the printer to isolate the issue correctly?
- Is it Wired, wireless or USB connection?
For starters, please try to make a few copies directly from the printer to eliminate any hardware issue with the printer.
- Please try to make a few copies directly from the printer without any intervention from the computer. Please place the required document face down on the flatbed scanner and touch the copy button. If it copies fine, then the issue could be software related.
If it copies fine, then the printer hardware is fine. Then please uninstall the printer software completely by performing these steps.
· In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
· Select your HP printer.
· Select Uninstall.
· In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
· In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
· Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
· Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
· Click on Drivers tab.
· Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
· Select OK.
· Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
· Close Devices and Printers.
Then install the full feature software from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP
If it still does not work, then you could use HP scan and capture to scan. it should work great. Link for installing and using scan and capture with FAQs.: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue which will help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!