Question

Tutor
JDiffy50
Message 1 of 6 (2,117 Views)

Cannot open the HP Solution Center to scan from my Photosmart eStn C510

When I try to open the HP Solution Center (so I can scan to my pc from my wireless printer) I get an error that the installation is not complete.  I am confused because when I first installed my printer I was able to open HP Solution Center with no problem. I have tried reinstalling the program from the CD that came with my printer several times, but I still get the error message.  I just checked the info threads and found a possible solution to the problem by looking into C:/>windows>system32>macromed>flash to see what version flash player I am running.  When I tried to look on my pc, I do not find "macromed>flash in system 32. :smileysad:

Intern
Sublimed
Message 2 of 6 (2,106 Views)

Re: Cannot open the HP Solution Center to scan from my Photosmart eStn C510

Hi,

I believe you are using 64bit windows, thats why you didnt find the Macromed folder. This is the path for the same on 64Bit OS.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

post back if you are still not able to scan.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Tutor
JDiffy50
Message 3 of 6 (2,087 Views)

Thank you Sublimed for the info.  I was able to find the macromed/flash as you instructed.  I found that my pc is updated to 10p.cx flash.  I uninstalled HP Solution Center and reinstalled the software from my CD.  I was still unable to open HP Solution Center.  I don't understand why I was able to open the program until a couple of months ago.  Now I just get an error message saying "your device installation is not complete" and "uninstall the program and reinstall from the installation CD, which is what  I have done several times, but still can't open the program.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tutor
JDiffy50
Message 4 of 6 (2,083 Views)

I solved the problem!! YEAH!!  I got my Photosmart eStn C510 for Christmas and the HP Solution Center worked fine until about mid-February.   I don't know if this will work for everyone, but in order to be able to open the HP Solution Center when getting an error: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.  Please plug in USB cable or re-run the setup program from the installation CD for a network installation" , I uninstalled the printer driver and ran the installation CD again and it WORKED!!!  I am now able to open the HP Solution Center!!  And I am able to scan!!!  Before I did this, I was just uninstalling the HP Solution Center and reinstalling just that.  I did that several times without success.  I hope this info helps all of those frustrated souls who can't open the HP Solution Center!!

Student
lyrisist
Message 5 of 6 (1,597 Views)

This did not work for me. I have the HP Photosmart eStn C510 and am running Windows 7 64 bit version. I uninstalled everything and started from scratch. The printer works just fine, but the solution center will not work.

Tutor
JDiffy50
Message 6 of 6 (1,587 Views)

The solution I posted worked only temporarily and I ended up connecting a cable to my HP Photosmart eStn C510 and haven't had a problem since (that was about a year ago). That particular printer is totally useless as a wireless printer!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation