Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can print but cant scan.

When i try to scan the printer says "no computer found. To scan to a computer, make sure that the scanning software has been installed and configured on your coputer"

Have downloaded HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0.

When i run this it finds the printer but when i select fix scan problems - its starts but then freezes...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@andrewpaul99

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer and it can print but does not scan. There's an error saying "no computer found. To scan to a computer, make sure that the scanning software has been installed and configured on your computer." You tried to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor program but it freezes while checking for the scan problems. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the printer able to make a copy?
  • Have you tried to scan using the HP Scan and Capture application?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Now please try to make a copy and check if the scanner bulb glows. If the scanner bulb does not come on then it indicates towards a scanner failure and you need to contact HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP printer. 

If the printer is able to make a copy successfully then I suggest you to uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them by following the below steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Now, please download and install the drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2nsUzh0

I hope this information is helpful. Please keep me posted if you have any further questions. Cheers! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@andrewpaul99

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer and it can print but does not scan. There's an error saying "no computer found. To scan to a computer, make sure that the scanning software has been installed and configured on your computer." You tried to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor program but it freezes while checking for the scan problems. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the printer able to make a copy?
  • Have you tried to scan using the HP Scan and Capture application?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Now please try to make a copy and check if the scanner bulb glows. If the scanner bulb does not come on then it indicates towards a scanner failure and you need to contact HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP printer. 

If the printer is able to make a copy successfully then I suggest you to uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them by following the below steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Now, please download and install the drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2nsUzh0

I hope this information is helpful. Please keep me posted if you have any further questions. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

What worked for me using Windows 10: Go to Control Panel. Select 'view devices and printers' Under Hardware and Sound. Select HP Deskjet 2540 Series (Network). Middle right of the next screen Select HP All-in One Printer Remote (Windows 8.1+) Select it and HP Smart comes up with the Scan funtion in purple at the bottom. Run it, Name it, and it will be available in 'Pictures'..

Why don't the HP folks just tell you to try this first???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.