Question

Student
seguinjm
Message 1 of 8 (5,780 Views)

Color Laserjet CM1312nfi MFP won't send/receive faxes

I own the MFP named above.  It will not send or receive faxes.  I have sent and received faxes from it before.  The Fax Test Report does not give any indications of errors in that it passes both tests of detecting an active phone line and phone cord connected to correct port.  I can even plug a phone into the second phone port and call a fax number with it and get the receiving fax tone.  All I hear from the machine when trying to send a fax is the outbound dialing, then a steady beep.....beep.....beep.  Finally it hangs up and the error report says there was no answer (yet again if i dial it with a phone the fax machine on the other end answers).  I do hear some slight static after the dialing, but no other machine picking up.  Like I said, it worked before both ways, now nothing.  

Anyone seen this before?

Intern
Marels
Message 2 of 8 (5,763 Views)

Re: Color Laserjet CM1312nfi MFP won't send/receive faxes

Hello

Please check if you have the latest FW installed on the product:: see: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

And on this page you can find fax troubleshooting steps for this unit:

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3558902&lan...

Best regards,

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own .....
BGG Student
Student
BGG
Message 3 of 8 (5,432 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello, I have had Quest out to my office for the last two days (Friday and Monday) and they cannot find out what the problem is. Do I have to Re-Set something inorder to send or receive Faxes?   Our fax line is working!

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you.

Barbara Graves

[Personal Information Removed]

Student
amityonay
Message 4 of 8 (4,931 Views)

This has happend to me as well. What you need to do is restore the machine's settings and then answer the questions to reconfigure the fax. That's it! You will hear the dial tone and will be able to send and receive faxes. Good luck

Student
smarte4257
Message 5 of 8 (4,575 Views)

I can no longer receive/send faxes.  It worked last week and now I don't even hear a dial tone.  I was looking for my manual...only problem is that I can only find the one in French and not English, so I do not know how to restore the machine's settings to reconfigure the fax.  Have not been able to find a manual online to download.  Can anyone help me?

Honor Student
BETER
Message 6 of 8 (3,793 Views)

HAVING SAME PROBLEM.

Student
fivedfarms
Message 7 of 8 (3,496 Views)

I own the MFP named above.  It will not send or receive faxes.  I have sent and received faxes from it before.  The Fax Test Report does not give any indications of errors in that it passes both tests of detecting an active phone line and phone cord connected to correct port.  I can even plug a phone into the second phone port and call a fax number with it and get the receiving fax tone.  All I hear from the machine when trying to send a fax is the outbound dialing, then a steady beep.....beep.....beep.  Finally it hangs up and the error report says there was no answer (yet again if i dial it with a phone the fax machine on the other end answers).  I do hear some slight static after the dialing, but no other machine picking up.  Like I said, it worked before both ways, now nothing. 

Anyone seen this before?

Student
ahdevogel
Message 8 of 8 (2,893 Views)

Hi,

I had the same problem. Firmware updat did the job for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation