Question

Teacher
rickluc
Message 1 of 7 (337 Views)

Computer dosen't recognize devices and printers

I have a HP Pavilion Elite m9040n PC running Windows 7, normally running under family side of security. A HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m. I can print from my computer but when I click on the Printer icon on desktop to open scan window nothing happens. If I open control panel, hardware and sound, device & printers the green bar at the top of the window just keeps scrolling to the right and dosen't reconizes any devices.

If I log into the administrative side of security and click on control panel, hardware and sound, devices & printers the window opens and shows 5 DEVICES (monitor etc.), 5 PRINTER & FAXES (C309g-m, Kodak, etc.) 1 UNSPECIFIED (beanbag emulation device. If I click on the C309g-m it will open the C309g-m window and I have the option to click on scan and the scan process works find.

My computer won't recognize any devices on the family side of security in control panel, but will print just fine from computer but will not give me an icon to click on to scan.

Please give advice, thanks

While your at it could you tell me what the Beanbag Emulation Device is? Thanks

Teacher
rickluc
Message 2 of 7 (282 Views)

Re: Computer dosen't recognize devices and printers

Here's the message I get when I try to scan after reinstalling all of HP Photosmart Premium c309g-m.

Capture.PNG

Student
henryqwe
Message 3 of 7 (248 Views)

I have exactly the same problem: 

When I click on

Control Panel / Hardware and Sounds  / Devices and Printers

a green bar  takes a bout three minutes to get to eh far right, then nothing, no devices shown.

I have unplugged my printer, by the way, because the same problem existed with it attached, and the computer would nto recognize or print in any way.

Teacher
rickluc
Message 4 of 7 (229 Views)

I hope someone can give an answer. Thanks

Teacher
rickluc
Message 5 of 7 (211 Views)

Still can't get scanner to work when clicking on icon that HP install put on my desktop, HP Solution Center. Today for the first time after I've been haveing trouble trying to scan from computer, I tryed downloading pictures from my SD Card. Usually when I put the SD Card in it opens a window that asks how I want to load pictures and I click on import pictures and videos using Windows Live Photo Gallery, all works well. But to day when I put my SD Card in it opened a smal box down in lower right corner and it said something like something was wrong with first file and wanted to continue, skip, or something else, so I clicked on cancel and another window opened up and it had two icons in it. One was HP Photosmart 309g and the other was SD Card. I clicked on the printer icon just for curiousity sake and it opened the old fameller scan window, like it used to do when I click on scan. It would preview and then I clicked on scan and all worked great. So I closed out of there and tryed clicking the HP Solution Center icon on desktop and then scan and I got the error again.

I tryed going back in Control Panel>All control panel items>auto play and going back to default to try to duplicate that cenerio again but no luck. Does this give someone any ideals?

I'm also going to add a clip of my device manage clip.

Capture Device manager.PNG See under IEEE 1284.4 compatible printer and then under Imaging devices, looks like there is 3 printers. Could this be some of the problem?

Thanks

Teacher
rickluc
Message 6 of 7 (206 Views)

Went into owner Network>Rick-PC and ran printer trouble shooter and got this
error. Thanks

Capture Network Rick-PC error.PNG

Teacher
rickluc
Message 7 of 7 (190 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just found out if I go into Windows Live Photo Gallery and click on the import button in the upper left corner it opens up a screen that says scanners and camera and in that window there is the icon for the printer only. If I click on it, it opens the old scan window that I like and previews and scans like it used too. How can I get this icon on the desktop like it used to be? Also in the scanner and camera window why doesn't give me the SD Card reader, so I can't import from there? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

There still is a blank screen in Start>printer and Devices

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation