Computer not found (758 Views)
Student
Adameus
Message 1 of 12 (758 Views)

Computer not found

Have a new Photosmart 6515.   Software installed.  Prints great!.  Try to scan, and it says computer not found. Restarted as it suggested and it still wont scan.

Tutor
mcrosby57
Message 2 of 12 (724 Views)

Re: Computer not found

This has been happening to me since I bought the printer in March.  I have called HP Support and all I got was some guy who tried to sell me an upgraded computer telling me that I could turn in this new, 3 month old computer for an upgrade and that the reason there are problems with this printer is because the once every two weeks scan or printing that I do is too much for this small machine. 

There are lots and posts all over the internet about this problem.  HP has not addressed the issue.  There are no good phone numbers to get help.  The "doctor" software you download to fix problems does not work.  The trouble shooting that comes with the printer does not work. 

Good luck to you.  I've been dealing with this for three months without any help from HP.  We got scammed the $120 bucks.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 3 of 12 (709 Views)

Re: Computer not found

[ Edited ]

Hello mcrosby57

If you have not already please try the following article it should help resolve the "No Computer Detected" error. Also what operating system are you using and how are you trying to scan (from computer or printer)?

No Computer Detected

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
adrinhb
Message 4 of 12 (676 Views)

Printer prints but does not scan

I recently purchased a Photosmart 6515.  It prints fine but I cannot scan.  I receive an error message: "Scan unsuccessful. An error occurred while scanning. Please make sure your computer is connected to the printer and try again".  I checked Manage Scan to Computer on my PC and is states "Scan to computer is enabled.  Your computer name is listed as available on the printer's control panel.  I have tried HP Print and Scan Doctor with no success.  I tried  with firewalls disabled with no success.  I run a 64-bit Windows 7 machine.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 5 of 12 (665 Views)

Re: Printer prints but does not scan

Hello adrinhb

How is your computer and printer connected? Are you scanning from the printer, HP software, or another applications? What happens when you try to scan from MS Paint? If unsure how to scan from paint see the link below.

How to Scan in Windows without Using HP Software

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Top Student
adrinhb
Message 6 of 12 (644 Views)

The computer and printer are connected via a wireless connection.  I have tried scanning from both the printer and HP software.  I tried scanning from MS Paint but the "From camera or scanner" was not highlighted thus not available.  The Windows Live Photo Gallery didn't even give me an option to use a scanner.  It still prints fine, but after rebooting, reinstalling software, unplugging, and all the things I mentioned in the earlier posting, the printer still will not scan.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 12 (628 Views)

Hello adrinhb

Try following the steps below to uninstall and re-install the printer.

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall a program

3. Uninstall the Photosmart 6515 from the list

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

6. Download the full feature software and drivers, and then reinstall the printer.

Photosmart 6515 Full Feature Software (Windows 7)

Let me know if you are able to scan? If you continue to be unable to scan does the HP Print and Scan Doctor give any errors or messages or does it give green checks on all the tests?

Top Student
adrinhb
Message 8 of 12 (617 Views)

I just followed those instructions and I receive the same error message.  I ran HP Doctor and received an "HP Twain Scan Error."  I followed their instructions.  When I reran HP Doctor after rebooting I got a welcome page, clicked on the product, selected the connection method (network-wireless), and then it sent me to a page with information but goes nowhere.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 9 of 12 (612 Views)

Hello adrinhb

Do you have any problem installing the printer on another computer? What about if you install the printer with USB? These would be helpful in isolating the problem.

Top Student
adrinhb
Message 10 of 12 (605 Views)

I do not have another computer to test that.  I tried using the USB cable, but that did not work either except for printing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation