Question

Student
jimberson
Message 1 of 4 (4,299 Views)

Creating a PDF Using HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer with HP Pavilion dv7 notebook computer

When creating a pdf document, using the HP Solution Center to set up the scan, the file size of the scanned document (typically under 10 pages, black and white) is exceeding large.  I can reduce the file size in Adobe Acrobat once saved, however many times it is still too large to forward in an email without sending it zipped.  Any suggestions / solutions?  Thank you in advance.

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 4 (4,278 Views)

Re: Creating a PDF Using HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer with HP Pavilion dv7 notebook computer

Hello Jimberson,

Sounds like the pdf is scanning with OCR settings, so most likely on 300 DPI. Try scanning to nonsearchable pdf, with ocr disabled and he files should become smaller.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 3 of 4 (4,256 Views)

Re: Creating a PDF Using HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer with HP Pavilion dv7 notebook computer

Hello Jimberson,

This is a common issue some of us all facing and the answer lies in the Advance Settings for the option "Scan to PDF". In the "Advance Settings" you can find a setting which will be selected as "PDF". Here click on Options" button. This will open a small window with slider which will be at maximum. Decrease the slider to minimum or close to it and then try scanning.

It is a better and good idea to check all the settings especially advance settings to get the desired result.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
myomass
Message 4 of 4 (1,762 Views)

Re: Creating a PDF Using HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer with a Mac OS X v. 10.6.8

[ Edited ]

jimberson wrote:

When creating a pdf document, using the HP Solution Center to set up the scan, the file size of the scanned document (typically under 10 pages, black and white) is exceeding large.  I can reduce the file size in Adobe Acrobat once saved, however many times it is still too large to forward in an email without sending it zipped.  Any suggestions / solutions?  Thank you in advance.

Added by Cheryl {Personal Information Removed}:  I really need to scan about 200 hard copy pages into an editable format (PDF?).  I am at a loss which is why I turned to you.  I really don't know a lot about what I'm trying to do, so any assistance you are able to give would be very much appreciated.

Cheryl {Personal Information Removed}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation