Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP LaserJet M1530 MFP Series PCL 6. All my scans from the feeder and on the glass are appearing crooked. I read one post that said to unplug 60 seconds and re try. That did not solve my problem. Printer is less than 2 years old. Help! Not happy about this with an HP product. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey @DennyInsurance,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the crooked scan issue that you're experiencing from the automatic document feeder and flatbed on your HP Laserjet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction printer. In order for me to provide you accurate troubleshooting steps I do have a few questions for you.

1. What Operating System are you using on the Computer?

What's my OS?

2. Does this issue happen when you're copying?

If you're not sure, can I have you perform a test copy from your flatbed and from your automatic document feeder please. Just select the 'start copy' button on the control panel of your printer to perform the copy tests.

Do the copies come out fine?

If copying is fine from the flatbed and the feeder than this would be a software issue. If copies come out with the same crooked defect than this would be a hardware issue.

Please respond to this post with the result of the copy test and with your Operating System so I can offer additional troubleshooting steps. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for responding. I am using Windows 7. My copies come out correct. Just the scans are crooked. What's your advice?

HP Recommended

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 actually.

HP Recommended

Hey @DennyInsurance,

Thanks for getting  back to me on this.

So at this point it's been established that this is a software issue as your copies are perfect quality on your HP Laserjet Pro M1536dnf. With that being said, could I have you open your HP Scan software and ensure that the Scan Size option on the top right hand side is not set to 'entire scan area'. If it is already, can you change it to the actual size of the scan that you're running. Test scan again and see if there is a difference in quality.

If altering the scan setting made no difference, can I have you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool. This tool will 'fix scanning' for you. It will run on your computer and attempt to identify any software, driver, or connection issues that could cause scanning issues for you. Should any issues be found, the HP Print and Scan Doctor will attempt to resolve them for you.

HP Print and Scan Doctor

Please let me know if the setting change made a difference or if Print and Scan Doctor found and resolved any scan issues. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I checked my scan settings. It was set to scan "Letter ( 8.5" x 11")". I changed it to "entire scan area" and it still scanned crooked. I then changed it back and still the same problem. I downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor and it said my scanner was working property however the problem remains. What can I do next?

HP Recommended

Hey @DennyInsurance,

I'm going to have you update the programming on your printer.

Please click here and a website for your printers Firmware Update will open. Select the Download option at the top and allow the package to run. Follow the on screen instructions to send the programming Firmware Update to your printer.

Once the programming has been updated, please test your scan again.

As I mentioned before, because this issue is not affecting copies, I do not believe you have a hardware issue with your scanning assembly. However, if you do want to check out steps on how to clean your scanner and adjust settings properly according to what you are scanning, please refer to the following HP Support document: Troubleshooting Scan Quality Problems

Please let me know if the steps I've provided resolve your crooked scan quality issue. Good luck! Smiley Happy

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

What does an operating system have to do with Crooked Scan going through the document feeder?  There is something in the hardware that is causing crooked scan, copies etc.   ( Not on the glass in case you don't know what the feeder is).  Also naws on the paper as it goes through and I can see no way to remove the document feeder to inspect it. Originals look  ragged when they come out.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.