03-20-2013 03:10 AM
We have suddenly started getting emails from the DSS servers saying the following:
The MFP Digital Sending Software (X.X.X.X) incurred a critical error:
SMTP protocol error
This error may require administrative action.
The following additional information is available:
I have checked the devices and they still are emailing OK, but this email is being spammed roughly every 3 minutes.
Any ideas on what the problem might be?
05-08-2013 11:17 AM
This could be an SMTP communication error message which could be failure during initializing and handshaking with SMTP server. If you are able to send message you could ignore this error notification by following steps.
Uncheck the "Notify administrator of critical error" check box on the "General" tab of the DSS Configuration Utility to receive e-mail messages when critical errors occur.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers